Chapter 64: Israeli Airport, 1960

Israeli Airport

1960

Emily saw the line of vehicles coming from airport hangar. "Ah, girl," she leaned over the horse's mane. "We're not gonna outrun them. Time to bail! Don't think you want to go to Kamchatka with me!" She angled the horse toward the fence line where a jeep was parked.

Another military jeep left over from World War II came up beside her, a young dark haired Israeli soldier at the wheel. "Dr. Jones! We order you to stop!"

Emily looked over. "Zev! How's your family?"

The Israeli sergeant grinned. "Dad misses you. They thought we were perfect."

"Sorry," Emily smiled, still in the saddle. "Wasn't ready for a marriage. Want to switch?"

"Where you going?" Zev asked.

"That plane!" Emily pointed. "Grandpa's sending the paperwork directly!"

"Where's the plane going?" Zev kept the jeep at a matched speed for the horse.

Emily grinned. "Russia. We've gotta stop Hell from being opened."

"Prevent the apocalypse?" Zev replied. "That's a worthy mission. Definitely something my people will support." He grabbed for a radio and spoke a few orders.

"I'm running late," Emily moved the horse closer to the jeep. "The plane's on the tarmac. Switch rides?"

"What about dinner? After all - you did wake up the entire base."

"Maybe after we avoid opening hell?" Emily wrapped the reins around the horse's saddle, securing them preparing to jump.