Chapter 100: Edo's Camp, Kamchatka Wilderness, Soviet Russia, 1960

Edo's Camp

Kamchatka Wilderness

Soviet Russia

1960

Emily sliced the ropes on Lizavet's boots. Lizavet scrambled to her feet, doing a flying kick above Emily's head. One of Edo's ninjas fell backwards.

"Did you bring the key?" Lizavet demanded.

Emily rolled out of the way of Lizavet's flying kick and scrambled to her feet. "What key?" Her fist went flying, knocking out another ninja.

"The key to open the handcuffs!" Lizavet retorted, throwing an elegantly powerful backward kick. A ninja flipped head over heels and tried again.

Emily and Lizavet lined up back to back, as ninjas circled them.

"Didn't know there was one," Emily replied, fists at the ready. "How good are your fight skills in those boots?"

"The best. And your fists?"

"Dad taught me everything he knows." Emily grinned.

"Do you know how to roll?"

"Roll how?" Emily asked.

"Me - over your back! Duck!" Lizavet cried, sliding under the ninja's punch, throwing a crescent shaped kick into him. Emily ducked, allowing Lizavet to complete her kicking roll from her back. A second kick knocked him flat. Emily pivoted on her feet and threw a series of punches, as the two women switched places, punching and kicking at Edo's ninja goons.

The ninjas were coming out of the darkness faster now that the fight had started. Emily stood back to back with Lizavet, still in handcuffs as the ninjas circled the two women.

"How many?"

"Got six, that I can see," Emily announced.

"Double that," Lizavet snorted.