Chapter 102: Edo's Camp, Kamchatka Wilderness, Soviet Russia, 1960

Edo's Camp

Kamchatka Wilderness

Soviet Russia

1960

The ninjas circled the two women.

Emily tucked her head, knowing that if she used her whip or pistol it would only be stolen from her.

"Dozen?" Lizavet asked.

"Twelve," Emily corrected herself.

"One more," Lizavet saw.

"Baker's dozen," Emily growled grimly. "Lucky thirteen."

This ninja was the leader of the group. He had extra insignia on his loose fitting sleeved uniform. His eyes lit on the two women and made a snide comment. The ninjas laughed. He switched to English. "I am Chiba. This fight does not seem worthy of my warriors. Two women. Only two women. Would you like to give up as other Americans have?"

"I am Russian," Lizavet retorted.

Emily gave her father's grin. "I was raised in Israel with Holocaust survivors. I think your men should surrender."

"You cannot say we did not warn you," Lizavet finished.

Chiba nodded.

A ninja moved forward.

Lizavet kicked the first ninja to the stomach and jumped firing her knee into his face. Landing, she threw her leg over his collapsed body in a swinging side kick, pummeling a second ninja.

Emily stayed at Lizavet's back, slugging a third ninja to the face. He blocked her punch. Lizavet swept her foot under the third ninja, crashing him to the ground.

Emily followed Lizavet's kick, stomping the downed ninja, protecting Lizavet as she righted her balance.

Two ninjas came after Emily. Emily grinned at them, ducked her head. She slipped under their chopping motions, going for the rib cage. A furious cascade of punches knocked the breath from the fourth ninja. Lizavet finished both of them with a double crescent kick - her wooden soled, hobnailed jackboots knocking them out.

The fifth ninja tried to slip between the two women. Lizavet stomped his foot and head butted him. It didn't work. Emily threw her elbow into the fifth ninja and snapped her leg into his kneecap, forcing him to kneel, as her elbow collided with his face.

The ladies squared up, back to back again.

"Five down?" Emily asked.

Lizavet looked over her shoulder at Emily. "What is American expression?"

"Which one?" Emily slugged ninja number six.

"I can whup bad guys with hand behind back?" Lizavet asked.

Emily grinned, throwing an uppercut punch, while Lizavet snapped her leg out, side kicking to the sevenths ninja's stomach and slammed her boot heel into the bent over ninja six's face. "I can whup you all with both hands tied behind my back?"

"Yes! That is it!"

They both laughed and knocked out another set of ninjas.

"Eight?"

"Nine!" Emily threw Indy's spectacular Sunday punch.