Chapter 66: Israeli Airport, 1960

Israeli  Airport

1960

Emily stood in the saddle and jumped into the jeep.

"Figures - I get you into the backseat of a car and its moving toward a plane that's taking off for a foreign country!" Zev shouted.

Emily climbed over the seat, taking the wheel. "Keep dreaming, Zev. I didn't want to meet you the first time we met."

He gave up the wheel. "I was six. You were four. Em - dinner, remember this time?! ... instead of standing me up and trashing the entire bar?"

Emily whistled for the horse, slowing the jeep to keep pace with the animal. "The bar fight was not started by me. He started an indecent proposal, I finished it by breaking his jaw. Figured I better leave after that. Plus there was an intriguing artifact and a free flight to China. And I finished one of Dad's World War II missions."

Zev sighed. "We never get a break, do we?"

Emily glanced back at her childhood friend, as he climbed into the backseat. "Not today, Sarge. Not today. I got a plane to catch."

"Good luck, Em." Standing near the jeep door, Zev grabbed the horse's reins and swung into the saddle, riding away and back toward the military line pursing Emily. "I'll call off the chase."

"Thanks, Zev!" She shifted gears and hammered the gas pedal, grinning like her father.