Chapter 175: Flashback: Archaeological Site Egypt, Along the Red Sea, 1947

Flashback:

Archaeological Site

Egypt,

Along the Red Sea

1947

Indy turned the horse away from the beach and charged into the still settling dust, riding around the edge of the collapsed debris pile. Marion hung onto him. He took a trembling hand off the saddle and placed it over hers as she held onto his midsection.

"EMILY!" They both yelled.

Marion swung off the horse, Indy following.

"Watch out for snakes!" He ordered.

Marion rolled her headscarf over her head and mouth, to combat the dust, pinning it under her hat like an old west outlaw, ignoring Indy and started to climb the rubble. "EMILY!" She screeched.

Indy rushed around the sides of the debris, checking for anything that might point to a sign of life. "EM!" He yelled, forcing his voice not to tremble.

Marion screamed.

Indy went for his weapon, clamoring up the mostly sandy slope amid large ancient building blocks and a few misshapen rocks.

Marion tumbled back into his arms.

Indy caught her one handed, his pistol out, his eyes searching frantically for snakes.

"I slipped in the sand," she whispered breathless, staring up at him, tears running down her face.

"We'll find her Marion. I promise." Indy kissed Marion gently, steadying her on the debris and pointed across the horizon. "The diggers are coming now."