1. Mistake

Loud music, dim lights, the smell of lingering alcohol easily detectable on any and all patrons of the bar. The bar itself had two sections that were separated by a velvet rope.

There was the actual bar. Bar stools and tables were scattered around the floor, booths also nearby for larger groups.

On the other side of the velvet rope was the dance floor. A DJ stage rested near the furthest wall, barely taking up any space. Flashing lights constantly shone and there were at least 5 to 10 patrons dancing at one time. Any normal person had access to the bar portion of the establishment, but if you paid certain amounts of money to the bartender - who also happened to be the owner - the different amounts would allow you access to the dance floor for different amounts of time. $25 scored you access to the dance floor for the night. $100 scored you access to the dance floor every night for 2 weeks. $200 scored you access to the dance floor every night for a month.

The BAU loved going to this particular establishment. There was something for everyone of the group. Hotch and Rossi liked the particular alcohol that was available. Penelope and Morgan enjoyed the dancing and the ability to rope any of their co-workers into dancing with them. Emily and JJ enjoyed getting drunk. As for Spencer, he liked that the booth the group always reserved was in the very back corner of the bar, far away from other patrons - which meant he could pull out a book and read.

On this particular night, Hotch and Rossi enjoyed their regular drinks, Emily and JJ enjoyed taking shots, Penelope and Morgan enjoyed their time on the dance floor and Spencer enjoyed reading the newest book added to his ever-growing collection.

That was, until JJ pulled the book from his hand and Emily pushed a shot in front of him, smirking.

"Hey, be careful with that!" Spencer groaned as JJ placed the book neatly into her purse, not allowing Spencer the chance to grab it from her.

"Why is there a shot in front of me? You both know I won't drink it." Spencer rolled his eyes, avoiding looking at the clear liquid.

"12 hours ago, you and I made a bet. We bet on how long Morgan could go without calling Garcia any nicknames. You said he wouldn't last 3 hours because Garcia would get mad at him. I said he would last 9 hours because he can withstand Garcia's wrath. JJ, can you remind me who won?" Emily glanced at JJ, who smiled.

"I think you did, Emily." JJ smirked.

"And, what was the reward for me winning the bet?" Emily chuckled, JJ nodding her head.

"Spencer had to take 5 shots." JJ reminded Spencer, who exhaled.

"C'mon, Reid. Drink up." Emily nudged Spencer as he hesitantly downed the first shot. JJ pushed 4 more glasses in front of him, smirking.

Knowing that this whole bet wouldn't end well, Spencer downed the rest of the shots, starting to really regret letting Emily win.

"Holy shit, Spence. You alright?" JJ looked up at Spencer.

"I'm fine, JJ. You did this to me, remember?" Spencer rolled his eyes.

"Hold up, where you goin' Pretty Boy?" Morgan walked over to the three, confused as to what Spencer was doing.

"You see that lady sitting over at the bar? I'm going to talk to her, because I've had 5 shots and Emily convinced me to." Spencer stood upright.

"Good luck." Emily smirked, the three watching as Spencer hesitantly walked over to the bar.

———

Cassidy wasn't the type of person to end up sitting alone at a bar. Yet, after being stood up by her Tinder date, she didn't bother leaving. The music was good, the drinks that the bartender had been giving her were good and she didn't want her night to be ruined by a shitty date.

Lightly bobbing her head to the pop music, she looked around the bar, her hand moving the straw that was in her drink.

She couldn't believe that at 26 years old, she was sitting alone at a bar, awkwardly drinking while listening to music coming from the other room.

Out of nowhere, a man sat down on the seat near her. He sort of stood out. He wore a white shirt with a navy blue tie, dark gray pants and converse. His hair was short, kind of giving her boy-band vibes. He was clearly not sober, considering his knee was shaking. She could tell that he wasn't trying to be creepy by looking at her.

"You're not a drinking person, are you?" Cassidy spoke to the lanky man, seeing his gaze snap to her, his attention all on her.

"No. Not really. I only come to bars because my co-workers drag me here." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Neither am I. I'm only here because I was suppose to be on a date, but the asshole stood me up. I don't mind it in here, so I didn't leave." She admitted, watching as he moved closer to her.

"I'm-" Before he could tell her his name, she shushed him, shaking her head.

"No names. Let's just people-please and have a few drinks." She smiled, ordering a few drinks for the both of them.

Within the next hour, Spencer was very drunk and so was Cassidy. Both of them were on the dance floor, the rest of the BAU crew watching as he confidently danced with Cassidy, none of them knowing who she was.

Before long, Spencer and Cassidy had hastily exited the bar, unbeknownst to the BAU crew, all of whom still resided in the bar. Both of them stumbled into a cab, Cassidy giving her address to the driver who got them to her place after 10 minutes.

Knowing that she needed to lay down, Cassidy opened her apartment door, not caring that Spencer had followed her inside.

"Are you sure you don't w- want to know m- my name?" Spencer asked as he watched her shake her head.

"No thanks. I won't remember in the morning anyway." She smirked, not hesitating to place a passionate kiss on his lips.

He was surprised. This was his first time ever kissing someone, and he couldn't believe that he was drunk.

Cassidy didn't care that she was passionately kissing a random stranger. She was horny and she found the man in her apartment to be the perfect person for her to fuck.