66. Dr. and Mrs. Reid

CASSIDY
At 5 AM, I checked my phone. I couldn't help it. In 12 hours, I was going to become Mrs. Reid.

Of course, Penelope insisted on preventing Spencer from seeing me until I walked down the aisle, so, he stayed at the apartment, while Penelope graciously let me stay with her for the night. Okay, to be honest, she let all the girls stay with her. So, it was me, Emily, Tara and JJ sleeping at Penelope's home.

So, it wasn't a surprise when Penelope opened her bathroom door to see me on the floor near the sink.

"Cassidy, are you okay?" Penelope asked, concerned.

"Yes?" I smiled, trying to hide my true feelings.

"Okay. That was the fakest "yes" I've ever heard, C'mon, Cassidy. What's really going on? You getting cold feet? If you are, that's totally normal." Penelope sat down beside me, smiling.

"No. It's not about me wanting to marry Spencer. I do, I promise. It's just...I'm nervous. My head isn't close to being healed yet and I just- I feel like if I don't look my best, Spencer may not be confident in marrying me." I exhaled.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You know what you're gonna do? You're gonna go out there in 12 hours, scars and all, and you're gonna marry Spencer, because I am 100 percent certain that Spencer would marry you even if you had just woken up and had bad breath." Penelope laughed.

"Really?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes, really. So go back to sleep and stay asleep until at least 11:30 AM. You need all the rest you can. And besides, if you really don't want anyone seeing your scar in your wedding photos, that's what photoshop is for." Penelope kissed my forehead before helping me off the floor, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Thanks Penelope. You're the best." I gave her a hug, feeling instantly less worried.

———

As promised, I slept until 11:30 AM. By 11:45, I was up and eating breakfast, Emily making some amazing French toast.

At 2 PM, 3 hours before the wedding, I was standing in Rossi's guest bedroom, the girls with me while we all got our hair and makeup done.

Standing up, I looked at my head in the mirror, feeling a bit self-conscious about the bandage that was covered in foundation. I knew that no one would care, but it still felt weird.

———

When I heard a knock on the door, I initially asked for Emily and Tara to insist that I wasn't wanting to see anyone, but when they assured me that it wasn't Spencer, I let the mystery people in.

I watched as Jack, Hotch and my dad walked into the room, each of them in their own suits.

"You look, gorgeous." My dad smiled, trying not to cry.

"Thanks dad. Welcome back Hotch. It's great to see you again." I smiled, placing a kiss on Hotch's cheek.

"You're really pretty, Cassidy. Spencer is really lucky to be marrying you." Jack smiled. I placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Guys, did you check the time? It's almost 5!" JJ insisted as she alerted us. I looked down at my phone and my eyes widened when the time showed 4:54 PM.

Jack and Hotch headed to Rossi's backyard, leaving me and my dad to wait patiently behind a closed door with the blinds down, as to prevent anyone from seeing me. My dress tightly hugged my body. I stood at the door, patiently waiting for the music to play. When it did, my dad smiled and opened the door, starting to walk me down the aisle.