64. In his grasp

Penelope had been keeping tabs on each member of the team, making sure the communication was there the whole time. When the team went silent, Penelope started to panic.

"Guys?" She spoke, trying to reach any of them.

"Guys?" Spencer called out, seeing the panic on her face.

"Don't go to voice mail. Don't go to voice mail. Don't go to voice mail." She breathed as she dialled Emily's number.

"This is SSA Emily Prentiss. I can't take your call right now, so..." Penelope ended the call just as the elevator door opened, revealing Matt Simmons.

"Hey, I came as soon as I could. What's wrong?" Matt asked, confused.

"They're gone. They're all gone." Penelope cried as she held up her laptop, showing that each and every BAU member was offline, each signal lost.

"I'll drive." Matt nodded.

"I'm coming too." Spencer insisted.

"No, Spencer. You're not reinstated yet. You coming with us would be against every single FBI rule!" Penelope rejected him.

"Penelope, Cassidy - my fiancée - is somewhere out there, possibly injured! I'm going with you!" Spencer demanded.

"Penelope is right, Spencer. You have to stay here. We will go and see what's happened. As soon as we know what's going on, we'll call you." Matt insisted, he and Penelope getting into the elevator while Spencer just stood still.

As Penelope and Matt drove to the last known location of the team, Penelope was on the phone with someone.

"Correct. Penelope Grace Garcia, Technical Analyst, badge number 0019er-0. I am with International Response Team Special Agent Matt Simmons." Penelope explained.

"Yeah. I know, but SSA Spencer Reid hasn't been reinstated yet, so..." She was interrupted.

"Oh, my god, I know this is protocol, but you need to stop asking me questions and send backup to the coordinates I just gave you right now, please...and medical. Send lots of medical." She begged as she and Matt pulled up to the accident site. She hung up, both her and Matt rushing out of the car.

"No, no!" Penelope panic.

"Okay. Come on. I got you. I got you." She rushed over to Rossi, helping him up off the ground.

"Jag-off ambushed us, didn't even see him coming." Rossi scoffed.

"All right. We got to get you off that leg, okay?" Matt insisted.

"No, no. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'll flag down the cavalry. You go check on the team." Rossi insisted.

"Yes, the team, the team, the team." Penelope nodded, running over to Derek, Tara, JJ and Cassidy.

Tara and JJ were on the ground, slowly standing up, Derek was stumbling around, and Cassidy was leaning against one of the SUVs.

"What can I do?" Penelope held into Cassidy while Matt rushed to Tara, JJ and Derek.

"I can't see." Cassidy complained.

"What can I do? How can I help?" Penelope asked, watching as Cassidy revealed her face.

"I can't see. Ugh!" She groaned. Penelope looked at Cassidy's face. Half of it was mostly covered in blood from the cut on her scalp from the collision.

"Wait. All right. I see it, okay? I see it. You got some broken glass in your scalp, Cassidy, okay?" Matt walked over to Cassidy as Penelope walked over to JJ.

"W- Where's S- Spencer?" Cassidy asked, trying to breathe.

"I will call him and tell him to go to the hospital. You need to go and get help from the E.M.T.'s that just arrived." Matt insisted, helping Cassidy to the nearest ambulance. He watched as she was put into the back and taken to the hospital. Matt grabbed his phone and got Spencer's number from Penelope.