68. Like father, like son

(At A Clothing Store)

A woman stood by a rack of clothing on the shop floor, browsing a few types of shirts that caught her interest. She was so focused on looking at the shirts, that she didn't notice the little boy standing by her. He tapped her on the back, watching as she jumped slightly, gasping.

"You scared me." She smiled, her hand going to her chest.

"I'm looking for my dad." The little boy explained.

"Are you lost?" She asked, concerned.

"I'm not lost. I'm just not sure where I am." The little boy shrugged his shoulders, exhaling.

"Okay. Maybe I can help you?" She smiled, nodding. She took his hand, walking with him.

5 minutes later, she was in the side of the building, standing in what seemed to be the employees only section.

"Are you sure this is what your dad said?" She asked, confused. He quickly nodded.

"He said if anything happened, to meet him on the side because it wouldn't be so crowded." The boy admitted.

"Hey. Hey. There you are. I was worried." A man in a blue shirt appeared out of nowhere, a smile on his face. He hugged the boy, who smiled.

"Hi." The man smiled at the lady, who smiled back.

"Hi." She nodded.

"I'm sorry I tricked you. My dad's just shy." The lady was confused by the boy's comment, but when she saw the man pull out a box cutter from his pant pocket, her eyes widened. She could feel her breathing change.

"I want you to smile and ask if you can come home with us, or I'm gonna gut the boy like a deer." The man threatened, the lady nodding.

"Would you mind if I came home with you?" The lady quickly smiled and looked down at the boy, who nodded.

"I'd like that." The boy smiled.

"Well, then." The man smiled, holding the box cutter to the woman's back, leading her out the back to his car.

———
(At the Police Station)

Derek, Matt and JJ met up with the rest of the team at the police station.

"Hey. What do we know?" Derek asked.

"Woman's name is Claire Thompson." An officer explained.

"Husband tried to reach her on the cell phone. When she didn't pick up, he drove to the department store." Rossi started.

"Car's in the parking lot, but she's not inside." Spencer continued.

"Is that the husband?" JJ asked, seeing a man fidgeting with his hands.

"Yeah." The officer nodded.

"JJ, take Tara with you." Emily requested, watching as they both nodded, heading off to go talk to Claire Thompson's husband.

"I had the department store uplink the security footage to your analyst in Quantico." Wolynski explained as Emily nodded, smiling.

"Perfect." Emily exhaled.

"My desk is over here." Wolynski smiled.

"Garcia, baby girl, please tell me something I want to hear." Derek basically begged as he held his phone to his ear.

"You're a statuesque god of sculpted chocolate thunder?" Penelope asked.

"How about something I don't already know?" Derek chuckled.