35. George Foyet

Hotch, Prentiss, Morgan, Spencer and JJ walked into the conference room.

"Garcia can't find George Foyet." Morgan exhaled as he sat on the table, Garcia and Cassidy on a call.

"I've got nothing, sir." Garcia explained, Hotch leaning against a nearby chair in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Hotch asked in confusion.

"He's gone. I mean, he's completely off the grid, and he's gone." Garcia sounded shocked by her own discovery.

"How is that possible?" Hotch questioned, looking at JJ, Emily, Rossi, Morgan and Spencer.

"9 months after he was released from the hospital, he, uh, quit his job, sold his car, closed his bank accounts, cancelled his credit cards, cell phone, apartment, everything." Cassidy spoke up, giving Garcia a chance to calm down and breathe.

"He has no paper, thus he has no trail, and I can't find him 'cause he's gone." Garcia kept typing.

"You think it's intentional?" Hotch questioned Garcia, who chuckled.

"It's more than that. Like, even dead people stay on the grid for decades. Take it from me, erasing yourself like this, it's extremely difficult." Garcia exhaled.

"It takes commitment." Cassidy nodded, looking at the screens in front of her.

"You'd have to be willing to cut every tie of everything and everyone you've ever known in your entire life. It's like- It's like killing yourself." Garcia continued, seeming to impress some of the team.

"I gotta say, this is impressive." Cassidy scoffed.

"Well, after what the guy's been through, can you blame him? Foyet's the only living person who knows what the Reaper looks like and he's still out there." Emily shook her head, giving a semi-decent explanation as to why he couldn't be found.

"But it doesn't change the fact that we still need to find him." Hotch shrugged his shoulders, exhaling.

"We'll keep looking." Garcia insisted.

"Garcia, Cassidy, we don't have much time." Hotch put more pressure on Garcia, who kept typing, Cassidy nodding, trying to help her remain calm.

"I know, sir." She exhaled before she and Cassidy ended the call.

"He would have to completely isolate himself. He's totally alone." Morgan brought up a very good point.

"But how do you cut all ties? You'd have to talk to someone, right?" Emily asked, confused.

Hotch used a connection to get Foyet's address so they could find him.

———

"That's him." Hotch spoke as he identified Foyet to Rossi. They got out of their unmarked car, walking toward the man.

"George Foyet?" Hotch made himself known, Foyet looking visibly panicked.

"It's okay. We're FBI. This is Agent Rossi. I'm Agent Hotchner. We met once before. Do you remember?" Hotch smiled as he and Rossi showed their badges.

"Yeah, I remember. Would you mind if we get off the street, please?" He asked, nervously looking around at the busy street.

"How'd you guys find me?" Foyet asked as he, Hotch and Rossi entered his home.

"Roy Colson." Hotch revealed, Foyet exhaling before taking some medication.

"Well, is this gonna take long? 'Cause I really can't be late for work." Foyet insisted.

"We're sorry to bother you. We'll make it as quick as possible." Rossi nodded.