67. Back for another case

Cassidy and Spencer had 1 month of honeymoon time. They spent 2 weeks in Hawaii and 2 weeks at home. They wanted 2 weeks at home, mainly because whenever they had to stay at home, it was because one of them was injured, or because their supervisors ordered them to.

During their 2 weeks in Hawaii, they spent most of their time doing adult activities. It helped that the girls had packed a red bag full of outfits that they thought both Cassidy and Spencer would enjoy. So, when they returned home for their final 2 weeks of honeymoon time, they spent most of their time reading, watching movies, cooking, playing chess, etc.

Every day that they spent together, neither one of them could believe that they were husband and wife. To them, it seemed like they got to spend every day with their best friend, but, looking down at their ring fingers proved that they did indeed get married.

But, something was definitely off about their honeymoon. It started occurring 2 days after they got back from their trip to Hawaii. Cassidy was feeling sick and even vomited. She did faint once, or maybe twice. Spencer begged her to go to the hospital, but she knew exactly what symptoms she was displaying. All she needed was a confirmation, and that confirmation occurred after she bought 3 of a certain product. The only thing that was left for her to do was to tell Spencer and the team.

———

Spencer and Cassidy walked into the BAU bullpen after a month away on their honeymoon.

"OMG! They're back!" Penelope smiled, running up to her two best friends, giving them both a hug.

"We missed you too, Penelope." Cassidy smiled.

"Look who's back! Did you get up to a little honeymoon romance?" Derek smirked.

"Can we get a case now?" Spencer groaned, ignoring Derek's comment.

"Dr. Reid. Agent Reid. Nice to have you two back at the BAU. Things have certainly been different without you both here." Strauss smiled.

"Dr. Reid and Agent Reid? That's how you're gonna introduce yourselves?" Derek chuckled.

"We're husband and wife. Of course we're going to refer to ourselves as Dr. Reid and Agent Reid." Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"Hey, does anyone know what the best food to eat when feeling nauseous is?" Emily asked.

"Saltine crackers." Cassidy piped up, smiling.

"Thanks!" Emily smiled.

"Also, we have a case." Emily exhaled.

The team walked up to the conference room, each member sitting down.

"Oh, god. That's...a sight." Cassidy looked away, very disturbed by the images on the screen. She honestly felt the need to vomit, not because the images of the dead bodies made her sick, no, but something else had developed and was now causing her to feel sick almost all the time, which didn't help when she was surrounded by a group of expert profilers.

"Right now the police taskforce in Milwaukee needs your help. They've had 4 murders over the past 3 weeks, and in addition, another woman has been missing the last 2 days." Penelope spoke as the team looked up at the screen.

"They've all the women are in their 30s, married with children." Tara exhaled.

"Any connection between these victims?" Matt asked, looking down at his tablet.