80. New home

Finally, Cassidy and Spencer had chosen between the two houses that they were interested in. The house that had sparked the most interest was a beautiful 2 storey home that happened to reside halfway between work and D.C. When Cassidy and Spencer were shown around the house, they knew that it'd be perfect for a family.

The front yard had two nice large patches of grass with a tree right in the middle. Walking into the house, you were greeted with a beautiful staircase that led to the upstairs portion of the house. From the front door, to the left was a small entertainment area. To the right was a room perfect for an office space. Walking toward the back of the house, past the staircase, you'd find a kitchen to the left and a small lounge area to the right with room for a dining table behind it. Walking away from the kitchen led to another small entertainment room. Making your way back to the entrance to the house, you walked up the staircase and were greeted with a small hangout area. From the top of the staircase, you were able to look over a banister, which allowed you to see the first small entertainment area and the front door. Walking to your left, you would be greeted with a master bedroom that had an ensuite and large closet. Further left was one of two separate bathrooms (one of them being downstairs). Standing in the middle of the hangout area, looking to your right, you'd see the 2nd of 3 bedrooms. Looking to your left showed the last bedroom. When you headed back downstairs and to the back of the house, you could walk outside to a large backyard. A large patio connected to the house, which would be perfect for family barbeques.

Obviously, Penelope and the rest of the team were interested in pictures. Cassidy took one downstairs picture and Spencer took one upstairs picture. When they sent the pictures to the team, Cassidy decided to be a bit sassy and add a comment: Imagine Rossi's mansion, but bigger. Rossi of course commented and refused to believe that scale of the house until he saw it in person.

There was only one problem. Cassidy and Spencer weren't the only couple interested in buying the house. There were 2 other couples involved, both of whom were desperate. The realtor said that he'd call the couple that had offered the most amount of money, as they'd be the ones buying the house.

For 10 days, Cassidy and Spencer waited. Spencer even worried that waiting for the call would cause Cassidy more anxiety and stress, which would be bad for the baby. So, he insisted that she focus on work while he focused on waiting for the call. After a while, Spencer doubted that he and Cassidy had successfully bought the house, until he got a call from the realtor. All the paperwork was then filled out, which only left one thing to do; pack. Unfortunately, Spencer was called onto a case right as he and Cassidy planned to start moving their stuff from the apartment to the house. That's exactly when Cassidy called Hotch, who was more than happy to help her get everything packed and moved to the new house.

Over the next 4 days, while the team were on a case involving 'The Believers', Cassidy and Hotch packed up the entire apartment and got everything to the new house. All that was left to do was unpack and move furniture around so the place felt more like home. They were halfway furnishing the ground floor of the house before Penelope called Cassidy into the office. So, Hotch dropped her off and promised that he'd get the rest of the ground floor completed before Spencer got back from the case.

———

Cassidy walked into the 6th floor of the building, walking to her left to go and see Penelope.

"You're here! Great! Emily and the team are heading back here as we speak. They have a man in custody and his name is Benjamin David Merva. He's supposedly a member of 'The Believers'. Right now, Special Agent Owen Quinn is in the interrogation room with Special Agent Mary Meadows. He was a suspect in The Strangler murders, when he was found by Spencer and the S.W.A.T. team in a locked storage unit and the team questioned whether or not he was lying about being abducted and held captive." Penelope explained, catching Cassidy up on the case that the team were working on.