86. EPILOGUE

GIDEON
From the moment I was born, my parents and their friends spoiled me. I was the only child of Cassidy and Spencer Reid, for now.

You see, when I was halfway between my 6th and 7th birthday, my parents sat me down and explained that I would become a big brother. Whether I'd have a little sister or a little brother, I didn't care. All I cared about was the fact that I'd have a sibling to protect and play with when mom and dad weren't around.

Mom was currently 2 months pregnant, according to what my dad told me. They had been working a lot at the office - mostly late nights after days of paperwork. They promised me a weekend of family time, which I would've loved, if it wasn't for the fact that I actually wanted to spend my time with my aunt Penelope and my 2nd cousin Jack. He had introduced me to a new game and I wanted to play.

CASSIDY
Being pregnant with Gideon was easier than being pregnant with my second child. While I did manage to hold off some of my vomiting, with my second pregnancy, I was feeling sick almost all time, but luckily, I didn't vomit until I was somewhere private. It helped the Spencer was more prepared this time, and knew exactly what would help with my morning sickness. I was one month away from being done with the morning sickness part of my pregnancy.

At 3 PM on Friday, Spencer walked into the BAU bullpen with Gideon by his side. Gideon looked so much like his father. Every time I looked at him, a smile appeared on my face without fail.

"Well, if it isn't my two favourite boys." I giggled, Gideon wrapping his arms around my neck while I bent down to give him a hug. As for Spencer, he gave me a passionate, yet quick kiss, while his other hand went to my small baby bump.

We tried to limit the amount of PDA that we exhibited in front of Gideon, as we would be met with groans, eye rolls and Gideon yelling "gross" or "eww" as he pretended to vomit.

Gideon might only have been 6 years old, but he was very perceptive and aware of things. Spencer even admitted to me that Gideon reminded him of himself at 6 years old. It made me smile, knowing that Gideon might one day become exactly like his father - a boy genius.

"Dad has something he wants to ask you." Gideon smiled, letting Spencer exhale.

"Does he now? Well, I'm very excited to hear this question now." I smiled, Spencer smiling back at me as he held my hands.

"Gideon brought it to my attention that we've been working so hard lately, and he suggested that instead of family weekend, you and I have a romantic weekend together. And I happen to agree with our son. It's been a long time since we've been able to have time away, as husband and wife." Spencer admitted.

"So, would you like to go out with me, Mrs. Reid?" Spencer asked.

"I'd love to, Dr. Reid, but what about Gideon? Who's gonna watch him if we're away?" I asked, worried.

"I'll do it. I'm already babysitting Jack for Hotch on tomorrow, so I'd be happy to watch my godson for the weekend." Penelope smiled.

"Really?" I asked, hoping she was serious.

"Of course, Cassidy. You and boy wonder need some romantic time off as husband and wife. Trust me." Penelope reassured me.

"Well, then. It's settled. But, Gideon, make sure you behave for aunt Penelope." I looked at Gideon, to nodded.

"Always." He smiled.

"Oh wait, I'm not even packed." I panicked.

"I may or may not have already packed for our weekend away. Our stuff is waiting the car, and Gideon's duffel bag is in Penelope's office." Spencer smiled.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes, giggling.

"Go! Spend some time together!" Penelope insisted.

"We'll see you on Monday morning, Gideon. We love you." Both Spencer and I placed gentle kisses on Gideon's forehead before we started walking away.

"I love you both too!" Gideon yelled, waving to me and Spencer as we waited for the elevator.

GIDEON
The moment my parents were in the elevator, I turned to my aunt Penelope.

"Are you ready for a weekends full of games, snacks and movies?" She bent down, holding my hands. I nodded, a big smile on my face.

"Alright! Let me grab my purse and your bag, and then we'll go." She smiled as we walked toward her office. I couldn't wait to spend an entire weekend with my aunt Penelope and a day with Jack.