6. Control

CASSIDY
The amount of times I wanted to pull Spencer into a confined room and kiss him until I couldn't see straight was concerning. Our slip up the other night was all I could think about, which wasn't good, considering the fact that I was surrounded by a bunch of profilers.

But, when a new victim showed up, I got over my feelings about Spencer and continued on with the case. The victim caused our team to re-evaluate our profile. At first, we believed that our unsub was a man in his late 20s to early 30s, yet, how the newest victim was killed, the death seemed like it was carried out by a child - possibly a teenager. After more investigating, we had a viable lead.

"Kyle Ecklund has been bullied for a lot of years by a lot of kids. I mean a lot of kids." We heard Penelope's voice on the other end of the phone call. Derek, Emily, Rossi and I sat in a classroom, a bunch of desks surrounding us.

"He unleashed on Austin Settergren. What did Austin do to him?" Emily asked as we heard vigorous typing from Penelope.

"Let's see. Oh, yes, yes, yes. Okay, so Austin was the ringleader of a particularly horrifying incident that happened a few years back." Penelope gasped.

"We need to know where it happened." Derek exhaled.

"It happened right there at the basketball courts at school." Penelope informed us.

"This place is a maze." Rossi rolled his eyes, holding his phone.

"Penelope, can you guide us?" I asked, all of us standing up.

"Absolutely." I could imagine the smile on her face.

We made our way to the basketball court, just in time to see Kyle put a gun to his friend's side, his other arm against his friend's neck.

"You're under arrest! Stand down!" Emily held up her gun.

"Stay back! I've got a gun. I'll use it. You do what you have to do. I'm ready." Kyle looked upset, like he didn't want to be in this situation. His friend cried a little, causing Kyle to get angry.

"Shut up!" Kyle hissed, scaring his friend more.

"Nobody's moving in, Kyle. Nobody's gonna shoot you. You are not in danger." I stood forward, putting my gun away as the team looked at me in shock.

"I know that I'm not getting out of here. I am ready." Kyle seemed adamant.

"That's not how this has to go, Kyle. I know what happened here. I know what Austin did." I tried to reason with him, seeing the fear on his and his friend's face. He was clearly experiencing a flashback to what happened.

"I know they left you out here all night, and you weren't found until the next morning, and that nothing happened to the people who did that to you." I could feel the hurt radiating from Kyle as he continued to hold the gun against his friend's side.

"You. Don't. Care. Nobody cares." Kyle emphasised.

"I do care, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry about what happened to you." I stood a little closer, hoping to continue the confrontation in a calm and safe way.

"But nothing ever changes. Mr. Bakken is a joke. Everything he does just screws everything up." Kyle complained.

"I know. You're right. Bakken failed you. Everybody failed you. And they made everything worse." I got closer, my heart racing, but I couldn't back down now. Not with a potential victim at risk.

"But, Kyle, what you're doing now, this makes everything so much worse, and I know you don't want to be responsible for that. I know you don't really want to hurt your friends, the only ones who truly understand what it's like. You're better than this." I watched as he glanced at each of his friend's a look of sorrow on his face.

"Kyle, please let me go." His friend begged.

After a few seconds, Kyle pushed his friend away from him, dropping the gun to the floor as Derek ran over and quickly handcuffed him.

All of his friends were untied as Kyle was taken away by Derek to a nearby police car.

GENERAL
The flight back to Quantico after collecting their stuff from the hotel was long and half of the team decided to spend their time sleeping. Spencer and Cassidy sat next to each other, both of them glad that Emily and JJ were asleep in the chairs across from them.

Spencer had a book in his left hand, his eyes glancing down the page before he moved on. Cassidy's hands were once again balled into fists as she tried to fight the urges that she was feeling. The control was much harder, but she was successful when her urge to kiss Spencer disappeared. That was until Spencer's right hand landed on her thigh, his thumb grazing her clothed thigh slightly. How he did this without looking away from his book, Cassidy had no idea.

She remained calm, adjusting herself a little bit, trying not to seem like she was desperate for some action.

Luckily, she was wearing pants, so the chance of any happening was low. The rubbing of his thumb against her thigh was making her lower half pulsate, which, if she wasn't careful, she'd have to relieve herself in the bathroom. Not wanting to leave her seat, Cassidy hastily grabbed onto Spencer's hand and moved it back onto his leg.

She was glad that he didn't fight her by trying to move his hand back to her leg. Instead, he shook his head and smirked, changing the hand that held his book so he could use his other hand to lean on while he read.