13. Free

The operation was going well. Sean had convinced Thane that he was on his side and everyone was sure that soon, they'd be able to find and apprehend the unsub. Cassidy and Hotch sat in the van, waiting for a clear sign that they were able to make an arrest.

"What did you do, Thane?" Sean questioned as Thane looked through a few boxes of wine that he seemed concerned about.

"I spiked the wine, you idiot. 3 of the bottles were in that other case. Oh, God. Oh, God. Jim is gonna kill me." Thane started to panic.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Sean suddenly sounded very upset.

"For a laugh. I thought it was X. Girls love that crap." Thane tried to chuckle, but his nervousness was worse and he couldn't.

"Yeah, but it wasn't X, was it?" Sean shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"No, I guess not." Thane seemed ashamed of himself.

"He's going off plan, Hotch." Cassidy started to panic at the thought of her dad getting hurt because he went off the plan. She watched as Hotch lifted the mic on his vest.

"Get ready to move in." Hotch informed as they continued to let the scene play out.

"What was in the wine, Thane?" Sean demanded to know, considering his girlfriend was killed because of him.

"I don't know." Thane shrugged his shoulders like a little kid would when they got in trouble.

"Well, where did you get it?" Sean questioned.

"What does it matter?!" Thane yelled, trying not to panic more than he was.

"Linda's dead because of you. You son of a bitch. She was sober and you drugged her." Sean went to hurt Thane, but Thane stopped him.

"Yeah, not as sober as you think. Look, I wouldn't if I was you. You had that Anna girl's blood all over you. You don't let it go, I'm gonna tell them it was you." Thane laughed, threatening Sean.

"What's that? You bastard." Sean yelled before he and Thane started to fight.

"Drop it!" Hotch yelled as he, Cassidy and a few other officers busted through each of the two doors, holding up their guns.

"FBI. Drop it." Cassidy yelled.

"Keep your hands where we can see them." Hitch demanded.

"Let's go." An officer dragged Thane out of the room, taking him to a nearby police car while Sean remained in the room with Cassidy and Hotch.

"You all right?" Hotch asked Sean rolled his eyes.

"I'll wait for you two outside." Sean shook his head, leaving Cassidy and Hotch.

As they went to go and speak to Sean, Cassidy groaned when she realised that he had run off.

"Let's go back." Hotch exhaled, knowing how guilty Sean seemed right now. He and Cassidy made their way back to the police station, Spencer, Morgan, JJ, Emily and Rossi waiting for them. Spencer could see the anger on Cassidy's face. Without raising suspicion, Spencer gently held Cassidy's hand, sending a small smile her way, which she reciprocated with slight hesitation.

"Guys, I found something stranger than a time-traveling police box." Penelope explained as her face appeared on the screen.

"What's that?" Hotch questioned, everyone sitting down at the table in front of the screen.

"I ran financial records for all the people who work at the Franklin airport. There is a baggage handler named Mike Spires who's been making ridiculously large cash deposits to his checking account on a weekly basis." Penelope explained as she looked at the team.