23. Cassidy

SPENCER
As soon as Cassidy found out about the apartment that I had bought, Penelope and I were set on hosting a very special party. Not only was it going to be a housewarming party, but a birthday party and reveal party. Yes. Penelope and I planned to throw three parties at once.

Cassidy's birthday was in a week. She was turning 27. As much as I was planning the party, Penelope took lead - to prevent anyone from becoming suspicious.

I was released from the hospital and Cassidy refused to let me go home. She insisted that I stay with her until our new apartment was ready.

Penelope and I had been setting up the new apartment, even clearing out my - now old - apartment. By the time we were 2 days from Cassidy's birthday, my entire apartment had been cleaned out and most of Cassidy's things had also been moved. Penelope and I were actually impressed with how good mine and Cassidy's apartment melted together, like our separate styles blended together so well.

We had a solid plan for the day, with 3 parts - well, in actuality 2 parts with the first part having two sections.

Part 1 was the tricky part. The team would come over for a little housewarming party. At that point, we'd also reveal that Cassidy wasn't the only person moving in, and that I was also - which would lead into the reveal that we had been dating for a year. I was reasonably nervous, considering I was dating Hotch's niece and there was a 50/50 chance that he'd get angry, but I was willing to take the risk.

Part 2 was simple. The reveal about us dating would turn into a surprise birthday party. Penelope had informed me that Cassidy wasn't a big fan of surprises, but she loved celebrating birthdays - especially her own.

———
(The Special Day)

Everything was perfect. Penelope had informed the team about Cassidy moving into a new apartment, and the team being excited about any new adventures within the BAU family, they all secretly agreed to meet us in the apartment for a party. She gave them the address and asked them to be there by 7 PM.

At 6:55, Cassidy was officially saying goodbye to her apartment. Penelope had picked her up so they could have a "quiet" evening with me at the new apartment after having a little birthday celebration at work. The team and I heard the apartment door unlock. At that point, Cassidy and Penelope walked into the apartment, everyone cheering. Cassidy was surprised and a smile was plastered on her face.

From there, the night was only going to get crazier, and I'm pretty sure Cassidy knew that. Morgan and Cassidy stood near the window that allowed natural light to seep into the large apartment.

"Yo, does anyone get the sense that this apartment is a mix of Spencer and Cassidy's styles?" Morgan questioned.

"I may have inspired some of the apartment." I smiled.

"This is a book that only Spencer owns." Rossi held up one of Spencer's books, showing it to the team.

"And this is one of Spencer's favourite pillows." JJ's eyebrows raised as she and Emily inspected it.

"Okay. If there is something we're missing, please tell us." Hotch's voice was stern. I looked between Penelope and Cassidy, watching as she sighed.

"Okay, okay. The truth is, I'm not the only person who's going to live in this apartment." Cassidy exhaled.

"Oh, so you're getting a roommate?" Emily smiled.

"Kind of?" Cassidy shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, this roommate has the same style as pretty boy, so I'm sure you'll get along." Morgan smiled.

"I know that we'll get along, considering that my roommate is my boyfriend." Cassidy smiled.

"Excuse me, what?!" Everyone looked at her in shock.

"You've had a boyfriend this entire time and you didn't tell us?" Morgan scoffed.

"How long?" JJ asked, confused.

"Oh, Spencer can answer that question, can't you, babe?" Cassidy smiled at me as I walked over to her, my arm going around her torso. Morgan, Emily and JJ's faces dropped. Rossi was confused but mostly impressed and I could tell that Hotch wasn't exactly happy about this revelation.

"We've been together for a year." I smiled, kissing Cassidy's cheek.

"What? How? Why?" Emily and JJ had the most questions, Morgan seeming to interested in slapping my shoulder, a smirk on his face.

"My man. Please tell me you've been getting some action over this past year?" He laughed.

"As much as I'm sure everyone has questions for the lovely couple, can we please focus our attention on the next reason why we're all gathered here." Penelope got our attention.

"Happy Birthday to you!" She began, holding a cake in her hands.

"Happy Birthday to you!" I joined in, quickly lighting the candles.

"Happy Birthday dear Cassidy!" Everyone else joined in, happily getting louder as the cake got closer.

"Happy Birthday to you!" Everyone cheered, watching as Cassidy blew out her candles.

"Congrats on turning 27, my love." I happily kissed Cassidy as Penelope started cutting pieces of cake.

"I baked the cake myself!" I smiled.

"Ahem." Penelope glared with a smile on her face.

"With Penelope's help of course." I explained, a giggle escaping Cassidy's mouth.

"Time for gifts!" JJ announced as the entire time put a whole pile of presents on the kitchen table, all of them excited to watch Cassidy open them.