7. A choice

The next couple of days had been nothing but paperwork. Cassidy was pretty sure that the only person who actually enjoyed the paperwork aspect to the job was Spencer. She'd often catch him smiling as he read through the files. Hotch had reserved 3 days for the team to catch up on any paperwork, which meant that Cassidy had to take a break from the fast-paced case solving that she had grown to love.

The only thing about paperwork days that she was a bit worried for was the constant temptation that Spencer had begun to show. Their desks were near each other, so whenever they were consulting on a report, Spencer would stand near Cassidy, his body close to her, which became a big temptation.

She pushed past him, moving to the kitchen so she could get herself another coffee. Pouring herself a coffee, she felt someone near her. Turning to her right, she watched as Spencer inched closer, his eyes looking her up and down.

"Can I help you, Reid?" Cassidy asked.

"I need to ask you a question about this case, privately?" Spencer asked as led her outside of the bullpen, taking her to a nearby empty office.

The moment the door was shut, he slammed his lips onto hers, the passion of his kiss deepening the longer they kissed. Cassidy wasn't going to lie to herself. This dominance that Spencer had gained turned her on a little, until she realised that they were close to making out in an empty office within the FBI.

She pushed herself away from Spencer, who smirked as he looked at her.

"Is everything okay, Cassie?" Spencer asked.

"Okay, stop. Before we proceed, do not call me Cassie. The only person who has permission to call me that is my dad." Cassidy groaned as Spencer nodded.

"No worries. Is everything okay, Cassidy?" Spencer corrected the question.

"What is happening between us?" Cassidy kept distance between her and Spencer just in case anyone happened to walk by.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm starting to like it." Spencer smiled, rubbing his neck. Cassidy smiled a little. She found it impressive how one moment Spencer could be his normal nervous and awkward self, but the next moment he's dominant and not afraid to make her weak to her knees.

"I'm pretty sure there's some sort of protocol for dating within the FBI. One thing I know for sure, is that it's HIGHLY frowned upon to date someone from your own team." Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"You know, if something does happen between us, we can keep it quiet." Spencer offered.

"Since when were you so keen on breaking rules?" Cassidy laughed.

"Well, I have someone in my life who makes breaking the rules worth getting in trouble." Spencer smirked.

"Okay, stop that. We've known each other for less than a month, Spencer. In that time, we've slept together and nearly slept together again. It doesn't help that our boss is my uncle." Cassidy groaned.

"Also, sleeping with the boss' niece? That's pretty risky for your standards." Cassidy laughed.

"So what? Are we continuing whatever "fun" we've been having? To be honest, I've been kinda sad knowing that I haven't gotten to fu-" Cassidy quickly put her hand over Spencer's mouth, trying to prevent their situation from becoming a reality.

So far, they've fucked and managed to not bring it up and just ignore it, although all the times they've kissed and almost made out, the idea of fucking became something they both wanted.

No.

Cassidy shook her head.

"I think that...we need to play it safe. We don't want the team finding out that we not only slept together, but that we came close to doing it again on multiple occasions. Besides, I'm pretty sure that someone once told me that when two agents date, there is a process. There are releases, sometimes there are transfers and it's a headache." Cassidy exhaled, looking up at the ceiling.

"You like me enough to want to date me?" Spencer smiled.

"What- No! My point was that if someone were to find out about our little...escapades, there'd be a whole tiring process and I'm pretty sure neither of us want to be transferred from the BAU." Cassidy shook her head, ignoring Spencer's question.

"So, what? What's the play here?" Spencer asked, adjusting his watch.

"Simple. We both have needs that can be easily relieved in private. Whenever we have the need to - you know - we can find a time and place that's private. If we can avoid it while we're working cases, that would be ideal." Cassidy came up with a plan that would work.

"Oh, so you want to take the whole "friends with benefits" route? Cool." Spencer smiled, nodding.

"How the hell would you know about friend with benefits? No offence Spencer, but you don't seem like the type of person to know about friends with benefits. I see you as a hopeless romantic, not someone who just sleeps with the same woman without any feelings." Cassidy was shocked.

"I'm friends with Derek Morgan. Friends with benefits is his whole personality." Spencer rolled his eyes, laughing.

After agreeing on a solution, Cassidy and Spencer walked out of the office, back to the bullpen. The moment the two of them walked into the bullpen, Penelope pulled them toward the group.

"We're all going for drinks tonight. You two in?" Penelope smiled, trying not to beg.

"Sure. I mean, it's not like I have anything important to do. Spencer?" Cassidy smiled, turning to Spencer, who rolled his eyes. The last time he went out with the team, he ended up sleeping with Cassidy.

"Can I say no?" Spencer asked, watching with regret as Penelope and Derek shook their heads.

"I'm in." Spencer exhaled, seeing an excited Penelope jump up and down.