2. Newest member

CASSIDY
At 6:45 AM, I was being woken up to the sound of a notification on my phone. After giving myself a good stretch, - we all know the one - I lifted my phone off my bedside table and exhaled when I saw a message from Erin Strauss, the Bureau's Section Chief. She had requested to see me at 7:45 AM, which I didn't mind.

Hearing someone stir next to me, almost dropped my phone when I watched a man sit up, his clearly naked body half covered by my bedsheets. I watched as he grabbed his phone, groaning.

"Good morning to you too." I scoffed, rubbing my eyes.

"Holy-" He slightly jumped.

"I- I'm going to go." He was clearly uncomfortable, which I understood. I nodded, watching as he grabbed his clothes, getting changed before grabbing his phone. Within 5 minutes he was shutting the door to my apartment, leaving me alone.

By 7:35, I was arriving at the FBI Academy in Quantico, my phone in my bag as I got out of my car, trying to ignore the pounding headache I was currently feeling after all the drinking I did last night. As I got into the building, I thought about the mystery man who woke up in my bed this morning. I didn't remember much from last night, only that we had sex. I didn't even know if we had told each other our names.

I arrived to the 6th floor, exiting the elevator, heading to Erin Strauss' office.

———

SPENCER
The last place I expected to wake up was in a random bed with a random woman. That wasn't like me. The only places I felt comfortable sleeping were my bed and my couch, yet, at 6:45 AM, Hotch had messaged me with a new case and I was sitting up in some woman's bed. Too bad I couldn't remember her name.

I had gotten changed and caught a cab to my place, getting into a fresh change of clothes, knowing how Morgan liked to mock me. The last thing I needed was him mocking me because I walked into work wearing last night's clothes.

When I opened the large glass doors that led to the BAU, I saw Morgan, Emily, JJ and Garcia in the bullpen, each of them waiting for Hotch to exit his office.

Once he exited his office, we watched as Hotch gestured for us to head up to the conference room. Within a minute, we all sat around the round table, Garcia giving us a breakdown of the case we would be intending to solve.

A knock was heard at the door, Hotch opening the door. A tall woman, probably just shorter than me, walked inside the conference room, her light-brown hair flowing down her back.

"Everyone, this is Cassidy Marlow. She's the newest member of the BAU." Hotch announced, Cassidy nodding.

As she sat down opposite me, something about her seemed familiar. She glanced over at me, clearly feeling the same.

While Garcia continued to explain the case, I focused a little too much on Cassidy, trying to figure out how I knew her, until it hit me. She was the woman I woke up next to, naked. I tried not to react, focusing back on the case. I acted like my usual self, rambling on about some fact regarding the case. As Hotch stood up, I glanced over at Cassidy again, watching as she finally connected the same dots that I did.

"Wheels up in 30." Hotch announced as he picked up the file and his bag, walking out.

We all walked out into the bullpen, Cassidy pulling me aside.

"You have a go bag, right?" I asked, watching as Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"Yes, but that's not why I needed to talk to you privately." She shook her head.

"Oh, right. This morning." I nodded, understanding.

"Look, if I had known last night that you were going to be my co-worker, I wouldn't have allowed last night to happen. But, because I didn't know, and you clearly didn't either, I suggest that we both just forget about it. We start over, and we never mention it again." She suggested.

"Sounds good to me." I nodded my head, agreeing.

"Great." She smiled before we were interrupted by the sound of someone coughing.

"You two coming?" Morgan asked as he smirked, confused.

"Yeah. We're just formally introducing each other." I nodded, smiling.

As we started walking toward the elevator, I looked at Cassidy.

"That was Derek Morgan, but we just call him Morgan. Be weary, he'll ask about your love and/or sex life eventually." I warned, watching as Cassidy rolled her eyes, clearly not excited for any future questions about her love life.