57. The true storm

Sirens blared as the team pulled into the Virginia Super Max Prison. They all quickly got out of their respective SUVs.

"SSA Rossi." Rossi spoke as he shook the hand of the Warden.

"Warden Nabb. Your call came in, it's too late, Agent." Warden Nabb warned, exhaling.

"Have you located Eric Rawdon?" Cassidy asked, glancing around at the giant prison.

"Not yet. The rioters still control 3 blocks, and the fires inside have spread us thin." Warden Nabb explained.

"Warden, this isn't a riot. It's a break." Derek insisted.

"They'll never get over the wall." Warden Nabb shook his head.

"They may have some other way out. Every part of this plan has been meticulously crafted." JJ explained.

"We got a distress call that some of the prisoners got to the gun safe." Warden Nabb explained more.

"First priority is to secure the control room." A member of S.W.A.T. explained.

S.W.A.T., Cassidy, JJ, Derek, Emily and Spencer started moving through the prison, making sure that each and every section was secure. Reaching a row of cells, they walked through, a member of S.W.A.T. calling out to the group.

"Got one!" He called. Derek walked up and saw an inmate sitting in his cell with a book in his hands. Holding up his gun, Derek spoke.

"Where are the others?" Derek asked. The inmate put his hands up.

"How are they getting out?" Derek demanded to know as the inmate put his right index finger to his mouth, shushing him.

JJ looked between in the inmate and the rest of the cells, spotting an inmate with a gun.

"Freeze!" She shouted, drawing S.W.A.T.'s attention to the escaped inmate.

They ran after the inmate, eventually shooting him as he stopped outside a cell. Running up to him, a member of S.W.A.T. moved the gun away from the inmate while Cassidy bent down, putting her fingers up to his neck, realising that he was dead.

"Shh!" She spoke, hearing something coming from inside the cell.

"You got a flashlight?" Cassidy asked, a S.W.A.T. member handing her a flashlight.

Both Cassidy and Spencer knelt down beneath the bed, inspecting where the noise was coming from. Spencer removed the vent cover, exhaling as she flashed the light.

"Captain, we got a tunnel." She called out.

"Rossi, we got a tunnel in C-block along the sewer line on the east wall." Emily informed Rossi through the comms system.

"Copy, Emily. We're on our way." Rossi spoke back.

Rossi and some S.W.A.T. members watched as an inmate broke through a wall, using a flashlight to see where he was going.

"Evening." Rossi smirked, everyone aiming their guns at the man.

"Including Rawdon?" Emily asked, looking at the team.

"Kershaw and Bring, you stay here in case more prisoners come back through. We should keep moving to the control room." Captain Howard insisted.

"We should also sweep E-block. Rawdon could be holed up there." Spencer added.

"Captain, I'll stay on your six." Derek spoke up.

"Fine by me. Just watch your front sight." Captain Howard nodded, Derek and a few other members of S.W.A.T. following them while other S.W.A.T. members followed Emily, JJ, Cassidy and Spencer.