[01]: Pilot

"Y/N!"

The woman's stern voice echoed into the room that was almost silent, aside from the sound of your fists making loud contact with the punching-bag in the centre of it.

You didn't initially react to your name being called, your earbuds drowned outside noise almost completely.

"Y/N!"

This time, you reacted.

Primarily because your housemate threw a sandal at you with full-force, as she called for the second time.

"Jeez, what?" you took out your earphones to meet her.

Sweat doused your whole body. Your face was painted red and confused, following your morning workout.

Your white tank top was almost completely wet from the sweat, after the combination of intense cardio and Japan's hot summer weather.

"Our guests are here. Please, don't tell me you forgot."

"Already?" you raised your eyebrows, completely thrown off. "I thought you said they were coming later this afternoon. Who even are these people?"

She seemed to be disappointed that you weren't ready for the 'guests' arrival, but she was clearly more-so excited for you to meet them.

"I told you, it's a surprise." she entered your padded training room, walking closer to you. "But damn it, you don't have time to get changed now. We can't keep them waiting."

You would be lying if you said you weren't completely stumped, by who she could possibly be surprising you with.

Unless, of course, it was Kim Woosung.

You pulled the bottom of your singlet up to your face to wipe the sweat, revealing your stomach to the air with a slight chill in it.

"Come on, Y/N, hurry it up, babe."

Your guardian, Saito Mae, grabbed onto your wrist and dragged you out of your room and towards the front door, near running. You struggled to compose yourself, tripping over your feet and wiping your face.

"Okay," she took a moment in front of the door to compose herself. "Prepare yourself. And please, be nice."

You simply could not resist the urge to eye-roll.

Mae reached forward and opened the front door of your small apartment. As the door swung open, you found yourself holding your breath in anticipation.

Three people greeted you with zero reaction whatsoever.

Or, two people and a...rat?

You couldn't recognise who these people were, so you glanced over at Mae for some answers.

"Y-Y/N, this is pro-hero Eraser-Head."

The scraggly-looking man on the left of the three interrupted Mae.

"Pleasure."

God damn...this man definitely had a pack of cigarettes for breakfast.

To your observation, there was simply no way the man before you was a pro-hero. It doesn't even look like he could shower himself, let alone save people's lives.