[16]: Reject It

It was the day before you were all going off to your internships.

Class had been going pretty slow.

And the teacher had stepped out of the room, so everyone had started to talk amongst themselves, despite Iida's firm instructions to keep in their seats.

"Yunaaa-chan!"

The awkward name calling loudly across the whole class made you clench your teeth. Begrudgingly, you turned to the high-pitched voice.

"Have you still not picked who you're going to intern with?" Ashido leaned on your desk.

"I get you have a lot to choose from," Jirou joined in. "But damn, man, we leave tomorrow."

You leaned back into your chair, placing your pen down.

"I think I got it..."

"Really, who!?"

"Yeah, who?"

You sighed, "Endeavour."

"WHAAAAT!"

You blocked your ears with both hands, wincing and turning away. "God damn, so loud."

"Y-Yuna-chan...why would you pick him?"

You shrugged your shoulders, rolling them back. "He seemed like the most responsible choice, in terms of skill."

"Wow...y-you're so brave!"

"Yeah! Endeavour is like, suuuper mean! And kinda scary."

You poked your tongue into the side of your cheek. "Well, I'm not scared of him. I just wanna learn what I can."

Ashido, Jirou and Uraraka stared blankly at you.

"You're so wise."

You dismissed them with a shake of your head, and sat back forward into your seat as you heard your teacher returning.

——————

On your way out of school campus, you had a brief talk with Aizawa about who you wanted to pick for your internship.

Aizawa supported the idea, and warned you to be careful.

As you were walking towards the exit gate, you heard some light footsteps approaching from behind.

"Todoroki?"

He had jogged to catch up with you. With both hands on your arms, he stopped you, facing you with an immeditate burning intensity.

"Is it true, Yuna?"

"Is what true?"

"Are you picking Endeavour for your internship?"

God, this again?

"Yes. I already did."

Todoroki's expression sunk like he had just been stabbed in the back.

"W-Why?"

You looked around the area, void of anyone else. "I had an offer from the number two hero, why wouldn't I take it?"

"But you had so many better options..?"

"Why do you care who I intern with? You're stressing me out," you pulled away from his grip. "He was a good option because we have quirks in the same field. That's why."

Todoroki corrected himself.

"I'm sorry to stress you out, Yuna. I didn't mean to."

You shook your head, but couldn't unfold your agitated eyebrows.