[33]: Fool

"Hey, Uraraka and Tsuyu!"

The group of boys ran up to the girls that they had just seen face a struggle with what seemed to be villains—on the path ahead of them.

"Who was that?"

"One of the villains." Uraraka said, "She was so crazy!"

"That's not good, i'm glad you're okay. You guys should come with us! Safety in numbers." Midoriya said, "We're taking Yuna back to camp, to keep her away from the villains. We think she's their target for some reason."

"Wait but...if you're protecting Y/N, shouldn't she be with you?"

The boys turned around in an immediate panic, only to meet an empty, dark path behind them.

"WHERE DID SHE GO?!"

"WE LOST HER!"

I only let my guard down for a second, Midoriya thought, white with terror. And that was enough?

You had vanished.

——————

"What are you doing?" you squinted at her through the shadows. "Did you breathe in that weird gas? Cause you're acting fucking weird."

A sadistic chuckle flooded your ears as you stepped into the light.

"God, aren't you cute!"

"Ochaco...what's wrong?"

You decided quickly that it would be best to keep your distance, and be cautious because of her obvious change in demeanour.

She took a few steps towards you.

"Sheesh, Y/N, there's some really crazy people out here!"

"Stay back." you narrowed your gaze. "I'll burn you."

A chilling squeal signifies the real danger. "Ohhh that sounds exciting! I've always wondered how different burnt flesh smells compared to regular bloody flesh~"

Both your hands set aflame.

"What did you do with Ochaco? I'm not playing around."

A moment later, a high-pitched ring ripped through your brain and suddenly it all went dark.

———————

"WHO ARE YOU?"

Shouto yelled up to the man in a yellow coat with red gloves, as he perched high on a tree.

"Why, why, thank you for asking! You can call me Compress!"

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH Y/N!?"

Uraraka glanced over at Shouto. She had never seen him yell like that, nor had she seen him look so scared.

A small, blue, marble-like ball flashes in between Compress' fingers, as he demonstrates his trick.

"GIVE HER BACK!"

"Oh, how odd for you to ask me to give someone 'back' to you. I don't believe Yuna belongs to anyone, do you?" 

Frost starts to form on the right side of Shouto's face. "If you're talking in monologues because you think you've beaten us, you're mistaken."

Shouto looked unnervingly angry.

His voice was grim and chilling. He clearly wasn't playing around.

"Wait, where's Bakugou gone? Ribbit!"