[21]: Shouto

"I'm sorry for the bad timing," Endeavour began, grabbing his briefcase. "But I must leave you, as I have an important business meeting."

"Aren't we supposed to come with you?" you asked, frustrated. "The internship is supposed to continue."

"This meeting is of upmost confidence. The two of you are absolutely not permitted to sit in. So, you'll have to stay here."

You huffed, looking away.

Todoroki was clearly annoyed, too.

"I'll be back in the city by late this afternoon. Then, you two can join me on a patrol to see how the real heroes do it."

It took every ounce of strength you had not to snap a sarcastic remark at the man.

Within the next half hour, Endeavour had left the building.

You and Todoroki headed back to the room where you kept your belongings.

"What are we supposed to do, all day?"

Todoroki seemed to be composing himself in one of the soft chairs.

"There's not much we can do." he replied lowly. "I guess, we could go back to my place. Wind down there, maybe train in the dojo if you feel up to it."

You lay down flat across the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Sure."

——————

"It's me, i'm home."

Todoroki waited for you to walk through the sliding door, closing it quietly behind you.

"Shouto? Is that you?"

A female's voice echoed through the hall.

"Yeah." he replied, leading you through the hall. "I brought a friend with me."

A tall girl with white hair, tiny red highlights, and a pair of glasses comes skipping into the room, looking around frantically to meet Todoroki.

"Eh? Did you visit mom?" she asked, peering around the corner. "How did it go? What did she-"

"Could we discuss that later?" Todoroki snapped. "We have company."

"R-Right, okay."

She turned to face you, her expression lighting up with a warm welcome.

"Hi, I'm Fuyumi!" she said, walking towards you. "You're Shouto's friend, right? What's your name?"

You kept your smile brief. "Yuna Y/N. Thank you for having me."

"Of course! It's not very often that Shouto brings friends over," she said, laughing between words. "It's actually kind of refreshing, to know he actually has them, y'know?"

You looked up at Todoroki to see him blush and look away.

You laughed softly, unsure of what else to say to not further embarrass him.

"Well, are the two of you hungry? I was just about to make some ramen for myself and Nat."

"We'll both have some." Todoroki assured, taking his shoes off. "Thanks."

She nodded with a bright smile, looking at you.

"Y/N, how spicy to you like your ramen?"

You softened your eyes and took your shoes off, too. "Extra. Thank you."

"Sure thing." she turned and skipped off, leaving the main room and heading to the kitchen.

While walking slowly down the hall, you found yourself glancing at a family photo they had on the wall.