[47]: Concerns

"Good morning."

"Yuna. Thanks for coming."

"Just doin' what I was told." you joke, walking into the office where Aizawa was seated on a yellow couch. All-Might in his small form sat beside him. You welcomed them both with a respectful bow. Then you looked at All-Might. "I take it you've heard?"

All-Might nod firmly. "I have. Everyone in the teaching cohort at U-A was made aware of your situation to some extent. I know it might seem invasive, but it's a prevention-"

"Prevention measure. In case it happens again. You all need to be prepared to eliminate me. I know." You take a seat on the opposite couch, leaning back comfortably. "So, this is what you want to talk about?"

"It is." Aizawa agreed. "The thing is, Japan's government poised me with an unexpected requirement before bringing you into the dormitories. Since Principle Nezu has been working on upgrading the safety measures of the campus, it is important that we are more diligent with who we bring in."

You cocked your head to the side and crossed your brows.

"I don't get it. Do you want me to move in or not? I don't need to. I am happy to keep living in my apartment if you're concerned that i'm going to have another episode."

Aizawa shook his hand in front of his body. "I want to be able to keep you safe, as much as every other student in our school. You are no less important to me than they are."

"Same for me." All-Might chimed in.

"However, because of the governments concerns, we need to be sure of the others' safety, too. So, with that being said, it brings us to the reason I called you here today. All we need to do is get your approval for us to run a test on you."

"A test?"

"A test." he confirmed. "With your permission, at some point over the next four days, we will conduct a random test without warning."

"What kind of test?"

"I cannot disclose that to you." Aizawa mumbled lowly. "Just understand that you won't be in danger, but this is a necessary step in ensuring that we can look after you without roadblocks."

Jeez.

You lowered your head, looking into your palms. You had doubts about yourself, knowing that you were completely in the dark about this test. It could be anything.

It could set you off.

You clench your fists.

If I start taking my medication again, i'm sure I won't break down.

All you have to do is stay focused. You can trust yourself. Now, you just have to convince them to trust you, too.

You glance back up.

"Sure. Whatever you need to do."

Aizawa is staring at you intensely, leaning forward on his knees.

"I'm sorry about this, Yuna. I don't want you to feel alienated in our school. This is just-"

"Don't apologise. I'll pass your stupid test with flying colours."

All-Might could feel the sincerity and confidence in your voice. He cracked a smile, as your confidence was contagious.

"I look forward to housing you here, young hero."

You let out a deep sigh. "Me too."

------

"Sorry for interrupting, Cementoss."

Class 1-A looked over to the entry room in the middle of their English class, to see Aizawa standing in the frame.

His eyes were heavy-lidded as he searched around the room.

"Todoroki. Come with me, please."

You turned in your chair to look at him. He seemed confused by being called upon. But, without asking questions, he stood up and followed his teacher, looking your way very briefly.

"I'll be quick." Aizawa confirmed.

Cementoss nodded without question and carried on with his class as the two men left.

Aizawa led Shouto down the hall and out of earshot with anybody nearby. The two of them stood by a window, and Aizawa turned to face his student.

"Todoroki, I have something very important to discuss with you. It's about Yuna."

"What about her?" Shouto started to grow concerned.

"I need to make you aware that we are going to be conducting a test on her, and I need your cooperation. Because it's my observation that you are closest to her in 1-A, and so you should play an important role in this test."

"What is the test for? Is this what you were talking about back at her apartment?"

"Yes. We need to analyse her behaviour in a fabricated stimuli. Because you know a little about her past, you can understand why this is important."

"I...get it. But, she hasn't had one of those breakdowns in years. She's better now."

Aizawa shook his head. "After what happened on the training camp, i'm not so sure. You remember her sleepwalking episode, right?"

"Of course I do. But, that isn't anything like what happened back when she was young."

"I agree. But, i'll remind you that i'm not the one enforcing this. Since the government won't be able to closely monitor her at our campus, and she will have no one designated to watching her at all times, they want to be sure she isn't going to cause anymore trouble."

Shouto felt his lip cramp. "They know it was out of her control, right?"

"Yes. That's exactly why it's out of mine, too. It doesn't matter about how well she is doing, or how good of a hero she might turn out to be. This is about how her subconscious mind reacts when things fall apart in front of her. It's a neurological fault. So, we need to survey her before she can be let in."

Shouto didn't like the sound of this at all. He had full faith in you, and didn't understand why Aizawa - someone who had seen your good character - wasn't confident in you already.

But, if this is what it was going to take for you to be treated with the same trust and respect that everyone else in the Hero Course was, he was down to give it a try.

"I understand, sir. How can I help?"

Aizawa pursed his lips. "Okay. Meet me back in my office after class." he raised his eyebrows as if emphasising the secrecy of the mission. "I need you to tell me everything you think you know about her. So, do some revision, and don't leave anything out."

Again, Shouto was unsure.

He had your trust in the palm of his hand, and was not excited by the idea of exploiting the secrets that you had shared with him.

But, if it was for your own good.

He could at least try.