[36]: Strength

THREE WEEKS LATER

It was no surprise that your absence from the school was starting to destroy the spirit of the other students.

It had been like a blanket of misery was cast over U-A.

It weighed down particularly heavy on people like Aizawa, Bakugou and Shouto, who were there at the time of the attack.

Not only U-A was distraught in mourning, but most of Tokyo was, too.

A student had been kidnapped. No one had heard any word or seen any activity from the league, since it happened. No one had any leads. No hope.

There was a long list of people who thought they could have done more to save you.

That was not an easy pill to swallow.

The police and heroes had been hard at work trying to find where you had been taken to, but leads were far and few between.

And, Tokyo is a big city. Not only that, but no one had any solid reason to believe that you were even still in Tokyo.

Nobody even knew if you were still alive.

There was nothing.

Complete radio silence.

Somehow, that felt even worse then when the league was active with attacks.

After the first week of your absence, still being on summer-break, 1-A students started to get angry.

They couldn't sit around for much longer.

——————

"Tonight is your debut, Y/N."

You glared to your left down the bar at Dabi, who was smiling to himself.

Your expression was bored and downcast, as you turned back to the shot-glass in front of you. It was filled with a brownish liquid.

"Cheers, jackass."

You raised the glass to your lips and threw your head back.

This fucking bastard...

Over the last three weeks, you had gone through hell.

The kind of things you had to persevere would have ripped the spirit right out of you, if you weren't so strong-willed. It actually came close to destroying you, multiple times.

The league had taken you to your breaking point too many times to count. You spent the whole time on the ground, being beaten by whoever felt like it.

But, your quick-thinking and imperative training application from your short time at U-A had helped you to some extent.

Strategically, you had played on your injuries as much as you could. For the first week, you claimed to be unable to walk, and stumbled around numbly when they forced you. Of course, you faced the extra beatings from the others, for it. But it was not in vain.

They couldn't train you if you couldn't walk. Simple.

You also downplayed your abilities. Over the weeks, they had focused on trying to forcefully train you to be able to disperse even more potent poison, by trying to force you to take down a Nomu with it.

Obviously, you were met with lots of torture from the Nomu, during that process.

You never went even close to your maximum power, but acted like you had. You knew that you would automatically have the upper hand on them, if you had more strength then they thought you did.