[19]: Improvise

Stain dove at you.

"YUNA!" Todoroki gasped, bringing up a wall of ice to try and block him.

"TOO BAD YOU RELY SO MUCH ON YOUR QUIRK!" Stain shouted, slicing through the ice with his sword. "YOU'RE WEAK!"

You stood where you were as Stain hauled to the left, coming right at you.

"Fuck-!" you snapped.

"Y/N, NO!"

Todoroki jumped to his feet.

In that moment, you let your flames down.

You ripped Stain's blade from your shoulder, and held it tightly, positioned it pointing upwards, right against your stomach.

Stain tackled you down to the floor, piercing himself with the knife, right to his chest. But he didn't seem impaired by it at all, as he immediately drug his long tongue up the length of your arm.

He almost licked it clean.

"You're worth keeping alive after what you've just done," Stain gurgled near your ear as your body went stiff. "But if you keep getting in my way, you'll become another target."

He turned to face Todoroki.

Fuck, now i'm useless, too.

A huge grin coloured Stain's face.

Because of the irate threat, Todoroki took a few steps back. Now, it was just him facing Stain again.

Stain took a step toward him, and you were immediately taken aback as he started coughing.

With every breath, his coughs grew more infected and dangerous.

He dropped to his knee. Suddenly, he was coughing up blood.

Your eyes widened.

Your breath shortened.

"N-NOW!"

Todoroki glanced over at you, violently confused by what was happening.

"GO! Blast him now!" you yelled out, "My blood is poisonous!"

Todoroki immediately realised what had happened.

Stain's mobility had been rapidly decreasing over the last few minutes, as had his speed.

Todoroki finally understood why.

You had been poisoning him.

Through the air.

And now, you had baited him into swallowing your poison, too.

Todoroki turned towards Stain, firing up his left side and preparing to blast him with everything he had.

"Thank you, guys...really." Iida choked from behind you. "But i've got it, from here!"

"IIDA!" Midoriya called out, thrilled to see his friend had finally taken a stand.

Iida approached you, and Todoroki.

"Todoroki, grab Yuna and get her to safety. I thank you for the help, but I refuse to let the three of you shed any more blood for me." the expression on his face had completely changed. "The Hero-Killer was right, when he said I wasn't a true hero...But that won't stop me from striving to become one!"

You all stared at him, completely astonished by his sudden temperament.

"You can't change your nature in just a few minutes," Stain choked, bleeding from his mouth. "You're still a freud. People like you ruin the word 'hero'. Someone has to teach you a lesson."