[31]: Refrain

Making dinner that night was equally as hard.

Especially for Shouto, who didn't know who he could assist.

For the last half an hour, he had been standing around aimlessly, only really doing something when the students needed help starting a fire.

But even then, you were quick to help out.

He happened to be moving chunks of wood to the burn pile at the time that he was approached by his teacher.

"Todoroki. Come with me, please."

Perplexed, but not about to refuse his teacher's request, Shouto stood to his feet and silently followed his teacher to inside the building.

Once they were out of view from the others, Aizawa turned around with his hands bored in his pockets.

"You haven't spoken to Yuna much today, have you?"

"Not much. Why is that?"

"I approached her about what happened last night. Turns out she doesn't remember going into the forest at all, which makes me think that she doesn't remember anything else that happened to her."

"...That's a surprise. It seemed quite traumatic."

"Yes, to the average person, it would have been. Now, I have reason to believe that you are no stranger to Yuna's past. Would that be correct?"

Todoroki looked confused at first, but then shook his head.

"She told me a little about what she had gone though, but I get the sense that it goes a lot deeper than that."

"It does. Yuna has to be monitored by government-sanctioned organisations or associates at all times, to make sure she doesn't lose control. That is not by default. Now, I am at no liberty to share with you the reasons why, but I still want you to be aware that she has a past of becoming destructive, when she loses control of her mind."

"She was dreaming, sir. Normal people sleep walk and talk all the time."

"Yes. Well, normal people don't bring down whole villages when they do it."

Shouto stared at him, dumbfounded.

"So, what i'm saying, is that she still needs to be closely monitored. And, since I am the supervisor in charge on this camp that very few people know the whereabouts of, you understand that I need to be diligent in keeping an eye on her." Aizawa's eyes drifted out to the door behind him. "For now, I ask that you refrain from mentioning last nights' events to her. If she doesn't remember, she doesn't need to. Let's keep it between you and I."

Shouto nod his head firmly. "I can do that."

"Good." Aizawa patted his shoulder gently. "Now, you get back to making dinner. I'm starving."

——————

For the remainder of the time spent cooking dinner, and even sitting down to eat it, Shouto couldn't seem to let himself take his eyes off you.

His head was a maze with you at the centre.

He would be lying if he said he didn't want to know more about your dreams, or what triggered them. He was so curious.

He wanted to know why the government had been keeping such a close eye on you.

What had those people done to you?

What kind of mental-struggles do you face, because of it?

And most of all: how could he help?