[55]: Escapee

You can't go home.

You can't go to your dorm.

Hell, you can't even think about showing your face at the U-A campus.

The league is after you. For real, this time.

This was not just a simple case of another bad dream, destined to end and be proven fake once you wake up.

This is real life and you are really a target.

Not only that, but the scene from a few hours ago at the shopping mall solidified your concerns right before you.

The inescapable truth was that everyone around you is in trouble, too.

As long as they're close to you, they're in danger.

So, you can't go back.

You have to stay far away from them until you are certain you won't be tracked down by the league. It could take weeks, or even months, but you have to be sure.

You have to try and figure out why the league of villains is so hellbent on getting to you.

What did they want?

Your quirk is powerful, and fine-crafted to all sorts of extremes, but they already have a fire wielder on their team. What could you possibly offer them, now that they've tried and could not sway you to work with them, despite the weeks of torture.

They need you.

But, why?

No matter how hard you thought, it didn't make any sense.

But, despite you apparently being the only target, your only option is to stay away from the others and spend some time alone.

You have to stay away.

Your legs dangle beneath you as you rest comfortably high on a tree branch, looking over the town with a birds-eye view.

Your eyes are narrowed and trained, you have your mask on to cover the lower half on your face. 

The truth was - this wasn't going to be easy.

But even if you end up dead, at least the curse won't be for your classmates to bare. You just couldn't risk it.

'GET AWAY FROM ME!'

You exhale a huge breath and close your eyes, craning your head back to rest it against the trunk of the tree.

"For them."

———————

Many hours later, night had fallen.

It was unfortunate that it had started to rain in the late afternoon.

And as you seek refuge from the sky fall under a small bridge, you start to realise that the rain was not going to let up anytime soon. So, refusing to waste time, you focus on drying your clothes and practicing what midnight had taught you.

You make sure not to overdo it.

Smoke pours from your back as you stare straight ahead, building up the heat inside of you slowly as to not overwhelm yourself.

Eventually, it starts to work.

Less then ten minutes later, your clothes are dry and the space under the bridge was covered by a thick cloud of smoke.

"I could probably even use this new move as a curtain," you start opening and closing your fist in front of you as your thoughts trail off. "If I can shorten the amount of time it takes me to produce smoke, I can use it in battle, like a blindness so I can disorientate my opponents."