[15]: Blaze

You and the other students had gone back to your respective classes.

"Nice work. You all fought well. You have the next two days off of school to recuperate."

You listened inattentively to Aizawa, as he preached to the class about the carnival.

"I'm sure the pros who watched the festival will want to recruit some of you. We'll look over the draft forms and update you when you return. Get some rest, you still have a lot of training."

There was something very thick and insufferable about the air in the school from that point onward.

Class was soon dismissed, and you grabbed your bag and left the room faster than anyone else.

—————

TWO DAYS LATER

You pressed your forehead against the cold wood of your desk, trying to remain tuned out of the useless conversations going on around you.

You had spent the last two days moping around your bedroom.

You didn't fully understand why, but you were so mentally exhausted from the festival that you couldn't bare the thought of doing anything.

You barely ate. You didn't go outside once.

Your days of wind-down consisted of rotting under your covers with your favourite TV show on to fill the empty silence.

It was so depressing.

Suddenly, the classroom door slid open.

Aizawa came inside, standing behind his desk. It was nice to see he had finally gotten his bandages off.

"Welcome back. We have a big class today, students, on hero informatics."

Everyone around you wined in complaint.

"You need code names." he mumbled. "You need to decide on your hero identities."

"THIS IS GONNA BE TOTALLY AWESOME!"

Aizawa shut them up with a deathly glare. "This is related to the pro-hero draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class together."

Oh, right.

You had forgotten about that.

"Normally the first-years don't have to worry about their draft picks. Not until the second or third year, actually. But your class is different."

Aizawa went on to explain why you were to pick your drafts now, and why you had to still prove yourselves even after you had been recruited.

He displayed the class' recruitment offers on the board.

Todoroki Shouto: 4123 offers
Yuna Y/N: 3911 offers
Bakugou Katsuki: 3556 offers
Kirishima Eijirou: 360 offers

"In past years, the results had been more spread out. But there's a pretty big gap between the top three, and everyone else, this time."

Most of the students were beyond disappointed with their results.

"Despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros. Got that?"

But as Aizawa went on to continue explaining why the internships would be beneficial to the class, everyone started to get more fired up.

Shortly, you moved on to selecting your code-names.

Midnight came to join in and act as the final approval for the names.