[49]: Moving

Two days later, it's time to move into your dorms.

Excitement is bright and evident in the students around you, pacing through the halls, lugging boxes of belongings, screaming for advice from their friends. Everything is loud and energy is high.

Except for you, who hadn't slept in almost three days.

The bags under your eyes were almost as heavy as the box of gym equipment you were carrying down the hall, as you beelined for your dorm.

You finally make it through the door and slump forward, dropping the box by the foot of your bed with a huge thud. You couldn't move out of home without taking some dumbbells with you.

You sigh deeply, feeling weak in the knees.

You drop to the floor, dangerously out of breath and sit beside the box, placing your elbow on top of it and leaning against it.

Just...a minute...of rest.

One final sigh leaves your lips while your eyes flutter closed.

———————

"This is gonna be totally awesome!" Mina cheers, carrying her own box with Ochaco while they walk to their rooms.

"I know! Everyone in our class is going to become good friends while we're living so close together!" Ochaco agreed. "I'm so excited for the sleepovers!"

"Sameee!" Mina's smile was huge. "Ugh, i'm literally so excited."

Soon, Mina has to turn to the left while Ochaco carries on straight. She happily trots down the hall on her own, smiling contently. 

But then, as she passes an open door, she can't help but take a look inside.

"Huh?"

Ochaco sees you dead asleep leaning against one of your boxes.

Her smile fades as she turns into your room and puts her box down.

"Y/N?" she crouches down beside you. "Y/N, are you okay?"

It didn't take her long to grow concerned.

"Y/N!"

Your eyes creak open slowly like a rusty, old door hinge, signifying at least a little life left in you.

"Hey, are you okay? You fell asleep."

You sit up with a slow groan, rubbing the red mark on your cheek from being pressed against the box edge.

"I-I'm fine. Sorry, it was an accident."

Ochaco leans in close, deeply concerned by how red and swollen your eyes were. You looked almost lifeless and so low-energy she was surprised you were even able to talk.

You soon became aware of her fear for you, so you half-smiled to ease her nerves.

"Heh, sorry. I've been having trouble sleeping is all." you rubbed your head, "Must have sat down for too long and drifted off."

Ochaco smiles at your reply, but worry is still evident on her face.

"Have you eaten?" she asked softly.

Your eyes roll back as you try to remember the last time you ate something solid - and the truth was not good.

"Not yet." you replied shamefully.

"Come with me to get some food. And then, Mina and I can help you setup your room!" Ochaco looked around at your boxes and a loose poster on the floor. "I think we can make your room real nice!"