[03]: Match

Your eyes squint, trying to see over the small crowd of classmates.

"Firstly, I think it's important to start off today's events by giving a warm welcome to our new student, enrolled by a special recommendation!"

Jesus...again?

All-Might started clapping loudly, while a small wave of timid claps followed. One of the students' following-up claps sounded particularly passionate and loud, but you could not tell who.

You felt like a stunned deer in the headlights.

You were at the back of the pack, minding your business and silently following along on your very first day of hero training.

"Today, hero-training will be very beneficial for you young heroes! We will be trialing a test-battle," All-Might began, grinning wide. "Hero vs Villain style."

Ah. Battling each other.

Nice.

For the next five minutes, All-Might goes on to explain how the events would play out, and what kind of rules applied to the test.

He explained that it will be a two-on-two team battle, chosen at random.

As the rules are summarised and the possibilities start to open up to you, you find yourself welling with subtle excitement.

You kept it well-contained. No one would know you were wired with motive.

To maintain your focus, you simply kept to the back of the group, and spend time stretching out your arms and legs.

You prepared for battle.

—————

The exercise carried out much like you had assumed it would, with the students getting too pent-up in their own drama to focus properly on the training.

Most of them had wasted the fruits of opportunity, to seize a simple 1v1 battle.

You, alongside most of the class sat in a surveillance room, watching the battles play out.

They went on for longer than expected.

You enjoyed watching closely. You got to grow familiar with the people and their quirks, that you would soon be competing against.

You had the element of surprise, in this class. It would be a shame to waste that opportunity.

None of them knew anything about you—nor had anyone cared to ask.

Before you knew it, your name was called to make your way to the allocated building.

"Team 'B': Shouji Mezou and Todoroki Shouto," All-Might revealed the ball. "Versus team 'H': Hagakure Toru and Yuna Y/N."

You felt excited to hear your name being called, but you kept a blank expression.

Pulling the zip on your simple black hoodie, you headed out the door and made your way to the designated building.

——————

Okay, just guard this big bomb thing. Easy.

You couldn't believe you were lucky enough to be in a room by yourself.

That meant that you had full creative-freedom to use the training however you wanted, and you could freely express your abilities without someone else to look out for.

This means I can use proper attacks!

"Hiya!"

SHIT!