[02]: Unapproachable

Finally, you managed to locate the classroom.

It had been such a long morning. Between a five-AM training session, a spilled gallon of milk in the kitchen, and your school blazer already disappearing—your morning was full of chaos.

Finding the classroom alone had already made you ten minutes late, although you arrived on campus thirty minutes early.

This school was so much larger than any of your previous ones. Wondering the halls was like wondering without a compass in a dark pine forest.

But you could only assume it was all a necessary precautions, considering how many different types of people dream to become heroes.

You always found it sort of stupid.

Why should you need to have a licence to want to help people out?

It's criminal that you can't do those things just because you can. The law says that you need to attend a fancy school, take some fancy tests, and pick a fancy name... then you can help people in need.

But you had never cared about that before.

You had only made the decision to pursue U-A once you were personally recommended by pro-hero: Eraserhead. And, with the addition of your adopted guardian, Mae, begging on her knees for you to go.

Like...begging.

Flashback: Mae dropped to her knees on the hardwood floor of your apartment, tears flowing out of her eyes like raging waterfalls. Her hands clasped together hard before she desperately grabbed onto your shirt and tugged down on it. "PLEASE, Y/N! YOU HAVE TO GO! YOU HAVE TO! FOR ME!"

You shook your head, ridding of the uncomfortable memory.

Mae had once attended U-A herself, back in her prime. But her enrolment ended up falling through, because of her performance abilities.

She wanted to be a pro-hero too, but simply didn't make the cut, and it had been a heavy weight on her shoulders ever since.

You wanted to make her happy.

You did it for her, to some extent.

Getting into the hero-course at U-A didn't come as much of a shock to you, curtesy of the strength of your quirk. But what did surprise you, was that they had asked you to attend their school.

They wanted you.

No entry exams. No tests.

Immediate. Enrolment.

It was a solid opportunity that a lot of people would probably kill for. You weren't exactly sure why they had asked for you, but you decided to roll with it.

You weren't going to take this hero thing too seriously while attending the school—you just wanted to focus on using the facilities to your advantage, and bettering yourself every way the school would offer.

As you walked into the room, you were met with a sea of colourful faces. Most of them seemed to have already found their seats, aside from the few students that were standing around chatting.

Most of them looked confused to see you.

You had to remember that these people had already met each other, and were somewhat familiar.

They already had established their hierarchies. They spent time together in the exams, and other neighbouring events.

The first week had already passed.