[32]: Target

20 MINUTES LATER

"Fuck, this gas is exhausting."

"So, it's not similar to the gas that you produce?" Shouto asked, walking beside you. "You can't withstand it?"

"Nah, when I breathed it I started to get light-headed." you admitted shamefully. "I don't know what's going on, but this is bad."

"Yeah. We need to get out of here as quickly as possible."

"Just try to keep breathing through your shirt, for now. Don't risk inhaling too much."

"You're right." Shouto pulled his shirt up over his nose and mouth. "One of the villains out here must be producing it. I'm worried about the others in the forest. But, I don't see that there's much that we can do now."

"We could search for others?" You offered. "I wouldn't be comfortable retreating while knowing there's people out here with us that are unguarded. At least when I know i'd be able to help."

"Yeah, it's dangerous though. We don't know who we're up against. We'll be no help to anyone if we become incapacitated."

"Me? Incapacitated?" you said sarcastically. "Not in a million years."

Shouto found himself fighting back a smile.

Suddenly, you and Shouto stopped walking as soon as you saw someone up ahead.

"Uh, Shouto, what was the group in front of us?"

"Tokoyami and Shouji, I think."

You blinked a few times, staring at the unsettling figure in front of you.

"That...doesn't look like them."

The man you were looking at was hunched over in a ghoulish manner, facing away from you. Clad in a full-body suit, and holding what looked to be a sawed off human hand.

"So...delicious flesh..."

You felt yourself become threatened for a moment, widening your stance in reaction.

"No fighting. Is that the rule?" you asked.

"...Yeah."

You and Shouto stared at the odd man for a few seconds, completely unsure of what to do. This definitely wasn't one of your classmates just trying to scare you.

As blood dripped from the man's mouth, you turned around to assure no one else was near.

"EVERYONE!"

"Mandalay again!"

"CLASS 'A' AND CLASS 'B', IN THE NAME OF THE PRO HERO ERASERHEAD, YOU ARE GRANTED PERMISSION TO ENGAGE IN COMBAT. I REPEAT, USE YOUR TRAINING! YOU MAY FIGHT THESE VILLAINS"

"Oh fuck yeah."

You looked towards Shouto, he seemed to be preparing himself for battle.

"Let's murder this creep, okay Shouto?"

He nod his head firmly.

"LISTEN UP! WE'VE DISCOVERED ONE OF THE VILLAINS TARGETS, A STUDENT NAMED YUNA! YUNA, AVOID COMBAT AND STICK TO A GROUP!"

Your eyes sunk in.

Shouto panicked.

"W-What? You?"

"I don't know, but I'd be able to focus better if she got out of my head." you shook your head. "C'mon! Let's just take him down!"

Suddenly, you broke off into a sprint. Running full-speed towards the unnamed villain.