[58]: Find Her

You woke up on your last night under the bridge, with the sunrise.

There was a small break in the clouds north of the city, where the light was peeling in.

It was still raining, though.

You had already been sleeping at this bridge for way too long now, and it was beyond time to pick a new location. If you stayed any longer, you could definitely risk being found.

Bitter civilians report homeless people all the time, although it is extremely disappointing.

Living as a homeless person made you feel nothing but worse for the people that aren't lucky enough to have any other options.

It had been extremely tough on you.

And you even had some more benefits compared to the homeless, like a quirk that can keep your body warm through the months of the wet season.

You couldn't even imagine how hard it is for the others.

You roll over into view as the soft orange light from the early sun kisses your face, and you squint your eyes while you adjust to the newfound consciousness.

You sit up and clutch your stomach that is begging for food.

"Ugh..."

Your whole body is hurting and your energy levels are much lower then they ever had been before. Your hero-costume was completely ruined. Dirty, ripped and sopping wet.

But, you didn't think you'd be needing it anytime soon.

'I should probably get a change of clothes soon'... you thought to yourself.

But, you brushed off that thought quickly. Not only was there no room in your backpack for more clothes, but there was absolutely no way you could risk even trying to sneak back into the dorms to get more clothes.

Being a non-confrontational person, you'd much rather stay dirty and cold than risk it.

Plus, with all that crazy new security around the school that the others had briefly mentioned, it would be just about impossible to slip by.

'And I need some food, too...'

Sitting upright, you pull your blanket down towards your feet and reach for your backpack that was right beside the nest-like bed. You fold your blanket up slowly into the tiniest roll that you can. You also decide that it is time to eat your last protein bar. Even though it would be ideal to save, you knew you had to eat. You couldn't wait.

Rummaging through the wet bag made you even more aware of how little supplies you had left. You pulled out your last protein bar, and your plastic water bottle.

Damn it. Gotta figure something else out quick.

That moment was when you spotted something in your bag that you didn't quite recognise.

Confused, you reach down into your bag and pulled out a single red feather.

It wiggles in your fingertips.

Your face drops.

"Sneaky bastard." you instantly realised what the item was.

Your face is suddenly angry as you engage your quirk in your hand to set the feather alight, and it starts to burn immediately.

"I hope this hurts, you conniving prick."

In a matter of seconds, the feather is a mere pile of dust on the floor next to you.

You knew it was time to move.

Since Hawks had placed one of his feathers on your person, it meant that they were definitely tracking you.