[38]: Outbreak

"Ugh!"

You dragged the heavy man in through the small doorway, and used all of your remaining strength to pull him into the corner.

Tiredly, you propped his body in a corner, on top of the other four guards.

Makes five total.

And that was all of them.

You had successfully gathered all of the guards without using your quirk once, and pulled them to a safe room on the second floor.

Most of them ran laps around you in terms of weight and size, but you knew you couldn't let that slow you.

If you didn't move them, they'd die in the heist.

Somewhat content with your actions, you started making your way downstairs.

"I hope you're not wasting time in there, Blaze."

Shigaraki's shaky voice caught you off guard as it echoed loudly into your ear.

It had been almost ten minutes. Truthfully, it was starting to get suspicious.

Nervously, you raised your finger to the speaker in your ear and pressed the log button. "Nope. It's done. They're done."

"Is that so? I don't exactly see any fire..."

Just as he said that, you managed to make it downstairs to the ground floor.

You held up your hand and dragged it along the wall of one side of the bank, while walking and engaging your quirk, setting it alight.

"Don't you? Well, it's burning."

Soon, that entire side of the bank was engulfed in flames.

At the sight of it, you started to panic.

Fuck. I did that.

Yeah, sure, that's what you had to do to play your part. You knew that. But now, seeing a burning building around you and knowing full-well that innocents were still around, you started to realise the immediate danger.

The security were still in the building, they'd still be vulnerable to the fire if it started to take down the entire place.

You looked around panicked, looking for what you could do.

The others were coming.

The building was burning.

The right side of your body lit up as the flames on the wall scorched brightly.

Maybe a back door. I can run!

You swung around, looking beyond the benches and backrooms. Where could the door be? Maybe past the staircase.

You started shuffling towards it.

But, as if on queue, the windows behind you exploded, littering glass everywhere.

You spun around at the sound.

A wave of shattered glass rained over you, before Dabi and some of the others emerged through the explosion.

No, you have to run.

No more time.

Right now!

You pushed past your intense, debilitating fear and broke off into a sprint towards the staircase.

Don't look back!

At the last second, you looked back. Turning around for one more moment before your eyes widened at the sight of Dabi's bright blue flames, coming towards you.