[63]: Fighter

You aren't exactly sure if it's seeing Shouto that sent your mind into a frenzy of unruly thoughts.

But you're sure that seeing him hurts.

"Y/N..." he says, clenching his fists by his sides as he stands on his own ice pillar, only a few feet above you. "You can't possibly be this careless."

It felt almost like an insult, and you decided to train your attention onto that. Any other way, and you'd never be able to leave like you knew you needed to.

He insulted you...

He hates you. They all do...

Yes. Focus on that. They don't like you anyway, there is no real reason to stay.

Yes, it was empty. You were trying to convince yourself that those things were true, in order to make leaving easier.

But there was nothing easy about it.

"You can't be serious about this." you can hear in Shouto's tone that he's fighting between the feelings of grief and anger. "You know that I won't give up. For as long as you run, I'll chase."

You knew he had every right to be angry.

But you're completely lost.

What else is there for you to do? Realistically. You're a walking explosive at this point. You couldn't even try.

"I can't...Sho..."

The ice around your body starts to sizzle and Shouto notices immediately.

"We're safer together!" his voice is verging a panicked growl as he realises he wasn't getting through to you as much as he thought he was. "Y/N, I can't keep doing this without you!"

You tare your gaze away from him, knowing that his safety was in your hands and you couldn't let your emotions be what put him in the face of danger anymore.

You clench your teeth and close your eyes, fighting tears while also completely incapable of getting any kind of grip on your erratic mind.

"Y/N!" he called out desperately.

"I know, Sho. I'm sorry." the ice is only melting for a few seconds before your entire torso is free. "I just can't!"

You had trained for this.

Finally, you blast out and away.

It takes every ounce of strength left in you to not turn back and look at him, one last time.

Because you've come this far. You can't go back now.

Focus.

Do it for him.

------

"BAKUGOU! I HAVE AN IDEA!"

"BETTER BE GOOD, FLOATY! WE DON'T HAVE TIME!"

"TODOROKI HAS HER TRAPPED FOR A MOMENT, JUST QUICK!"

Uraraka pushes Iida and Bakugou together so their shoulders are touching. She then turns around and grabs Midoriya.

"You here, you stand here," she starts organising them in the order she desires. "Bakugou, your timing is crucial! You gotta throw Deku at the perfect moment!"

"Can do." Bakugou cracks his knuckles, staring at you with a burning intensity in his eyes.

"Yaomomo! Can you make a metal plate about this big," Uraraka demonstrates with her hands just how big she needs the plate to be. "It's gotta be strong enough to resist Bakugou's explosions!"