[17]: Firey

Endeavour's agency was a large, luxurious skyscraper-like building.

It towered over some of it's neighbouring buildings, and had a large 'E' at the entrance.

Of course.

When you and Todoroki had finally made it, you were pleasantly surprised to see that there were upwards of thirty sidekicks, all with heat/flame related quirks, patrolling or working inside the building.

Most of them welcomed you warmly.

You and Todoroki made your way up to Endeavour's main office, after traveling on the elevator up many floors.

Before you entered the room, Todoroki paused and looked down at you.

"It'll be okay. Let's just learn what we can from him."

You nod your head firmly, unsure of what he could possibly be so worried about.

But, you just wanted to learn everything you could from a pro-hero who had a sort of similar quirk to you.

You were glad Todoroki had challenged himself to choose his father to intern with—visiting his mother again clearly had a positive impact on him.

When the two of you pushed open the door and walked inside, you saw Endeavour standing proud behind his desk, greeting you from afar.

"I've been waiting for you, Shouto." Endeavour called boldly, "You're finally ready to walk the path of the mighty."

You glanced over at Todoroki, feeling concerned.

But he seemed to have his wits about him. He had obviously been dealing with this man for a long time.

And he was done playing his games.

"I have no intention of following any path that you've created." he said clearly, with passion. "Only I can decide my future."

Endeavour soon laughed at his words, dismissing him. "Is that so?"

Then, the man turned to look at you.

"And you. I saw you in the U-A sports festival. I requested you because I think you'll be a great fit in here, one day." he had both hands placed on his desk. "You have potential to do good, and maybe you can convince my son to move out of his pathetic rebellion, and follow me down a guaranteed path of success."

That made your stomach churn.

There was no way you were ever going to sign to this agency, especially not as a pro.

You wanted to slap him across the face. But, you knew that silence was probably safer.

You looked back at Endeavour, giving him a bored, blank expression.

"Now, you two should go get ready. We're going out."

Todoroki seemed shocked. "Where to?"

"I think it's finally time I show you what it means, to be a true hero."

——————

"He's insufferable. I get what you mean." you mumbled, taking off your shoes.

Todoroki started unpacking his bag of clothes onto the large bed, slowly sorting out his belongings and refolding them.

You did the same, on the other side of the bed.

"Yeah."

"Where do you think he's gonna take us?"

"Probably just on patrol," Todoroki mumbled. "He probably just wants to show how much praise he gets just by walking down the street."