[45]: Teasing

Shouto didn't want to admit how proud of himself he was for finally figuring out the complex system, that was your coffee machine.

After an intense ten-minute struggle, Shouto wound up with two cups of hazelnut-flavoured hot coffees.

Hot and sweet. 

And after cleaning up his mess in the kitchen, along with all the spilled condiments from your fall, he carried the two cups in to your bedroom.

He walked very slow and carefully, his eyes dancing between the two cups as he took every step with antagonising caution.

He finally finished the pilgrimage and made it to your bedroom, gently placing the matching cups onto your desk.

He felt proud and accomplished.

Naturally, a grin painted his lips.

It was then that he heard the bathroom door unlock, and his head turned in the direction to welcome you.

Immediately Shouto's eyes traveled to your torso as he admired your outfit.

You wore baggy basketball shorts and a sports bra.

Your hair was wet around your shoulders, and you held a towel in your hands to dry the ends
of it.

As if on queue, Shouto's face turned pink.

You smiled at him as you walked into the room. "Hey. All clean again."

"G-Good." was all Shouto managed to choke out, in his flustered state.

He nervously cleared his throat, unable to take his eyes off you.

You wondered what was going on. Your eyebrows furrowed as you slowly realised that it probably had something to do with your torso and chest being openly on display.

You resisted the urge to shrug the very thought off. If he was going to be your friend, he had to get used to it.

You're normally a pretty hot person.

So, you like to make yourself cool when you finally find a position of comfort. Especially at home.

"Uh, Y/N. Are you going to put on a shirt?"

Hm?

"What? Why?"

His question, despite you being well-aware of his coyness, caught you criminally off-guard. You didn't expect him to bring it up so soon if, at all.

"It's...distracting."

And you definitely didn't expect him to voice how it affected him.

In the heat of the moment, you can't help but feel the need to play on his fluster a little. Something took over - some dark force deep within you that simply loved being in the position of power.

And Shouto brought out the worst in you.

"What's distracting? My chest?" you fight back a grin, taking a step towards him. "It's nothing you haven't seen before."

You see him gulp.

You take another step.

"Plus, its hot out."

"You're-" Shouto pauses, visibly trying to restrain and compose himself. "It's the coldest day of the year, Y/N."

"Cold doesn't exist in my body."

A thought flashes past Shouto's eyes. He blinks harshly, recalling the many years he'd spent in an unending winter. His right side. Ice. Cold. Unease. Everything was bubbling up.