'I Want To Save Them All'

Hiram was smiling like usual as he patted his child's hair softly and got it a little messy...

''You can not unsee it when you know that it is not right''

He said those words to the first prince and like usual Elmer felt as if someone was calling him , he was not able to move or see a thing , like he was drowning as his father's appearance started to fade away taking all the light around with him and leaving the prince alone in the darkness .

''My prince''

That voice called Elmer once more and he got up immediately from the dream he was having to see that familiar female surprised at the scared face he was showing as she asked,

''Are you not feeling well my Prince ?''

Said Betty

She seemed to be concerned because she has never seen him showing such an expression before , he finally realized that it was just another dream of his father's memory and lied back on the bed putting his right arm on his forehead while he watched the golden ceiling...

''I will get up in a second''.

'What does it mean ?' He wondered to himself referring to the words that the previous King Hiram told him , since it was not really the first time he sees that dream , Elmer was lost in thoughts before he remembered that today there will be another carriage of kidnapped women coming into the palace and so he got up immediately asked Betty as she was pouring him a glass of water...

''Betty , is it here yet ?''

He asked with a worried tone as if his own life depended on that.

Those women are only for the King , but right before he gets to see them and pick for himself , every once in a while Elmer set free few of them without anyone knowing , he takes them under his wing , sometimes he makes them work in the palace until they decide whether to leave or not and Betty was actually one of the very first females he saved once about two years ago.

''Not yet my prince but they will arrive anytime now''

Replied the girl that had a very different features than other Lydians , from her big shiny eyes to her dark curly hair showing on her face that worried look as she handed him the glass.

She truly saw the man in front of her as a hero even though he was not really one , he drunk that water and thanked her on his way just by looking at her eyes , Elmer got up in a rush to be able to get in there and see them before they are presented in front of his uncle.

Betty handed him his clothes , many layers starting by white , blue then the golden that presents royalty which was already heavy enough on him.

She brushed his golden hair that started getting taller lately and so Elmer looked more and more like his father , but what about looks ? he didn't have the brave heart needed to make a simple change , Elmer knew better than anyone that he was afraid yet had no idea what he was fearing.

Once he was all dressed up , he rushed downstairs trying to get rid of all those thoughts he had on mind yet it was not working , every word Hiram said to him as a child , every pure hearted smile of his father , he knew it will be chasing him to his grave.

The carriage that just arrived was left in the middle of the back garden , it was not guarded , the women in there were shaking in fear , crying in silence and desperately trying to accept their fate , no one of them dared to pull off the curtains knowing that since they made it into the palace , they can never run away.

The first prince rushed in there , and right before he pulled the curtains up a hand grabbed his wrist stopping him.

Edmund woke up at Betty's soft sweet voice , he got up rubbing his sleepy eyes and looked around him.