'I Can Not Be King'

Hiram was sitting on the bed where little Elmer was begging him to read his favorite book , giving him those excited sparkling eyes which got the father to smile and took a seat next to his child's bed.

He was turning those pages to reach that one story before he started telling it with his voice that sounded a little tired but no matter how exhausted the King was he would always make sure to take care of his one and only son.

"Once upon a time..."

Those words only got the child thrilled to hear the rest , he knows the story very well but the way his father tells it was just so different that it always got him to live between those lines.

"There was a charming brave prince"

Then Hiram whispered "Just like you"

Which got Elmer to blush happily at the compliment.

"And everyone loved him for his kindness , he helped others and got rid of the villains and the bad guys , the prince kept everyone safe"

Elmer's ocean eyes were sparkling at every single word , he has always wanted to grow up and be that prince , someone more like a hero that everyone loves and respects , Hiram was still telling the story about how the prince fell in love with a villager and how she was so beautiful.

Once the book's lines came to a happy ending , he put it away , looked into those eyes that were nothing close to sleepy , Elmer was wide awake with that innocent smile on his face.

"One day you will be just like this prince dear"

Said Hiram while patting the child's head and brushing his golden hair with his soft gentle fingers , he has been taking care of him since his mother passed away while giving birth to him but Hiram still felt that his son might grow up to feel empty inside no matter how hard he tries to play both roles of parenting so well and this thought always got him down , but Elmer's words made him feel a little better through all the thoughts he had on his busy mind...

"I want to be like you"

A soft blushing face said to the father which got him to smile and kiss that small forehead,

"You will be way better than me my prince , Now you need to sleep so that you can grow taller right son ?"

Once again , as if time stopped at Hiram's smiling face and it all faded away as someone started calling for Elmer...

"My prince"

Elmer got up once those two little girls shouted on his ear , another average morning starting by his father's memory , he took a deep breath then managed to calm down and looked around to see those two sisters in his room and no Betty around , they looked happy with their new dresses and so he smiled back and greeted them.

"Good morning"

They both replied at the same time as if they were used to that rhythm

"Good morning My prince"

He managed to get up and walked towards the shower as he asked

"Where is Betty ?"

Right before they replied he heard that knocking on the door and realized that it was her at once , she walked in and she was pretty surprised as she sighed...

"Ren , Reina what are you doing here ?"

The two little girls were asked to just sit down and watch her work while they really wanted to help and so they rushed first in there before her.

"We want to help"

They replied with a sad tone yet that was not what she really was worried about 'How did they ... ?' she swallowed her thoughts and decided not to think about it , at least not for now as she walked towards the prince.