'First Kill'

Upon that grey cloudy sky lived a young man with his mother inside one of that small village's cottages.

The mother was very sick and he had to take care of her yet he could barely afford her medicine since they were really poor.

Their neighbors were kind enough to know about their situation and try their best to help but for someone who wanted to give the world to his mother nothing was enough.

His life changed that one morning when the royal knights came in looking for some villagers who are willing to work in the palace and he saw it as his chance.

He was not so sure about leaving his mother behind him alone if it was not for that one girl who smiled as she promised,

''I will take care of her''

She said. and he trusted her words.

Leaving that small town with a bright sparkle of hope not only to be seen once looked into his eyes but also his soul.

He was about to change their lives.

Or so he thought.

King Leo was training thousands of villagers but only willing to keep five of them which seemed like the biggest challenge he might have to face yet he never thought of giving up.

Whenever he walked back to that shared room, all soaked in his sweat and covered in injuries all he could think of was his mother ad also that girl.

Being so far away made him realize that he might have been in love with her for years now and could not wait to be selected so that he can go back with those great news and also a confession.

The number of the trainees leaving every single day kept increasing, many of them gave up, others were unable to handle how painful everything felt.

But some of them were willing to put in every drop of sweat and blood in order to become the top five the king needs.

Days went by and spring came along after those rainy days.

They learned how to use every weapon from the smallest dagger to a sword.

Some shady techniques were shoved in the middle but no one of them really cared as long as they are the last men standing then that was it.

Five people were left and luckily he was one of them.

After those rough months he learned how to live with pain as if he is not hurt at all.

And even though his eyes sparkled less and less each day his soul was still pure hoping for the best.

They were given new black clothes and different weapons to choose from.

Once they felt ready they found themselves following the knights into the throne's room where the king was waiting to see them.

He could not stop imagining how much his life would change after that, how he would live with his mother and marry the love of his life.

He would definitely give them a better life.

The room's door was closed behind them right after they walked in.

After those few steps they kneeled down for the king who has been eying them for a while now.

His sharp evil glares made them unable to handle looking back into his eyes not even for a second.

But they all remember it so well, that dark blue that destroyed their hopes.

''I will be sending each of you in a mission and then decide which of you to keep and which of you to get rid of''

He said.

Leo then smirked adding,

''And by getting rid of I mean Death''

Even after he scared them with his word they knew that since they made it that far no task would be able to hold them back.

One of the knights approached them as he handed each of them a piece of paper with a single name written on it and each one had a different name.

That uneasy feeling grew bigger inside them as they started to realizes what he he was about to ask them to do.

And God knows how much they wished they were wrong about it.

Leo had one word to say and that was his order.

A word they could never forget.

''Kill''

As he said it , their eyes met once more and Venator realized that he hates it, he hates royalty, he hates blue, he hates everything about the man who was standing in front of him.

Each of the five was asked to kill a different person in less than twenty-four hours or else they will be killed.

The cruel king was not only willing to kill them but threatened to kill their families too which made them unable to face their fate.

'Ethan Carey' was the name written on Venator's paper.

He heard that the man was a writer, many of his books started becoming popular and it was all about how the people should be the ones deciding their future especially while facing a king like Leo who did not care about them or the kingdom at all.

Venator believed in those words which made it harder for him to decide yet he was already sneaking into that man's house while holding tight into his dagger.

He kept convincing himself that it would be a one time thing and then everything will be over.

His hand was shaking and he could not control his breathing or heartbeats as he walked into that dark house in the middle of the night.

He saw a light coming from another room and decided to slowly step towards its door.

He could see a man sitting down in the middle of the room while surrounded with piles of books and papers as he was drown focusing on putting his thoughts into words, holding his pen while working on his new book.

Venator was unable of seeing the man's face since he was facing only his back.

He was scared, he did not want to end an innocent person's life but he had to save his mother.

It took him only few seconds to stab the man who fell down as he bled to death turning the paper's white into a beautiful red.

Yet the book he wrote remained untouched with blood's drops.

His hands were shaking and could no longer hold into that dagger, it was covered in blood.

That writer died, Venator spent about half an hour just sitting next to that body unable to believe it was his doing.

He then decided to go back to the palace but before he got up he noticed that book.

There was this line that made him want to read a little more, he carried that book and started reading the one page that was just written by the man he killed.

'And in the middle of that cruel rotten blue, an ocean one was to be seen, a blue like no other that would be brave enough to change everyone's life once and for all'

Those words did move something inside him that time but he then forgot about it and closed that book as he left it there on the ground next to its dead writer.

The book's name was 'The Good King'...