'The New Ally'

It was a warm morning with a blue sky.

The palace's gates were closed and only opens when one of the guests that spent that night in there were about to leave.

Elina and Marina were still sleeping when their parents went down to have breakfast.

They ran into prince Louis who greeted them with a smile.

''Good morning''

They both greeted back.

''Good morning''

And then the child behind him mumbled a sweet little unheard 'Morning'

Edmund was so shy whenever it came to strangers.

They sat all at the table as the maids served them breakfast.

''Is Elmer still sleeping ?''

Ethel asked since she could not greet him properly last night after the shocking announcement.

''He left early like usual , he is always busy with work''

Louis replied.

His words seemed to get their attention very much.

''Work ?''

Morris asked.

'He took the bait' Louis thought before replying,

''Trying to make Lydia a better place is what he said''

The second prince needed to show off to them that Elmer does not only look like Hiram but that he cares about the kingdom.

Even though he was powerless , Louis knew that winning Lord Morris into their side especially after the messed up situation Leo put him and his family in last night might be the best opportunity.

''He really grew up''

Said Ethel as she smiled brightly at those beautiful words that brought hope back into her heart.

''When will he be back ?''

Morris asked.

Louis took few seconds to think before replying,

''Since he has some paper work to get done with soon as well I think he will be back this afternoon''

'These people are way too easy to control' Louis thought to himself once more.

''I guess we should wait for him to come back before we leave right dear ?''

The husband asked.

''Sounds good and also Elina has not said goodbye to him as well''

Replied the wife.

And just like that everything was going according to his plan.

''We should head back now''

Elmer said to Asher who was not very happy with what he heard.

''It is Louis's orders , he said that I should go back early because Lord Morris will talk to me about something very important''

The prince justified.

''He is Leo's son''

Asher said as if he was asking 'Do you trust him ?'

Elmer simply replied ,

''And I am Hiram's son , it really has nothing to do with who our parents are''

Those words really got into the red haired knight's heart and just like that they decided to head back.

Marina opened her eyes to see her older sister getting ready.