'Traitor Old Friend'

Asher was getting the horses ready since it was decided that they will be going to the woods accompanying the first price.

Him and Ezra still do not talk which created a pretty weird atmosphere along the way , Ezra did not start random conversations or made jokes , he was silently riding his horse.

Elmer noticed that something was wrong but he decided to leave it at that , him interfering just did not seem right.

The two of them have been very close even before he was born , he knew they will figure it out sooner or later.

Asher was drowned in thoughts , replaying Ezra's words and wondering if he can handle the whole situation and protect Aylin's hands from getting any more blood on them.

He suddenly stopped his horse after he heard an odd sound , someone was following them and he had a clue who that person was.

''What is it Asher ?''

Elmer who had no clue asked as he had to stop as well.

''I lost something , you two keep going''

He replied , Elmer did not read much into it , Asher was never the type to explain himself so if he says he lost something then there is no helping it.

''Alright''

The prince carried on while Ezra knew that something else must be going on but he had no clue or choice but to believe him.

Once the two of them were no longer seen around , he finally showed up , a light golden brown hair , lavender eyes and a wide smile.

''Hello there''

Ivor said with his steady voice as his horse approached Asher's , he seemed very friendly and harmless.

Asher was just glaring at him as if he saw his worst enemy and didn't say a word , he had to think of something , because Ivor will be reporting it all to Leo.

''Still as quiet as ever , Ash''

He spoke once more while still smiling.

''You saw the first prince hunting like usual , he is not a threat , report that''

The red haired knight replied.

''Why would I do that ?'' Ivor asked.

''That or you die here and now''

Asher drew his sword and jumped off his horse and took his fighting position.

Ivor also got off his own horse and stepped forward asking,

''Why are you protecting him ?''

He didn't expect an answer but he spoke while walking closer towards the blade that was pointed towards him.

''You see Hiram in him ?''

Those words moved Asher , especially that he knows for sure that the man in front of him had something to do with Hiram's death.

''One more step and you will bleed''

Asher sounded terribly mad and Ivor stepped forward...

''You know I have always wanted to wonder around here alone''

Elmer said while looking at Ezra who was drowned in thoughts and could not get the hint.

''Ezra !''

The prince shouted and startled the other knight,

''Yes ?''

''I said go back to Asher , I will wait at the usual spot''

The prince said.

Ezra smiled in relief,

''Alright your majesty , do not feel lonely we will be back''

And then turned around and rushed out of sight.

''It's just us Silas''

Said Elmer while stroking his black hair.

''Asher !''

Ezra's voice stopped that blade in time yet Ivor's neck was still bleeding , it was not a deep cut but not a simple scratch either.

He jumped off his horse and rushed towards those two as he spoke,

''Leo knows he is here , if you kill him we lose''

''You really were going for a kill''

Ivor was still widely smiling while touching his neck then seeing the blood on his own fingers.

There was not much blood so he did not care , he was a little surprised that Ezra became smart while Asher was the one dragged around by his own feelings.

They used to be very close at some point but they grew up and grew apart.

Asher went speechless at how reckless he just was , he almost destroyed everything just because of an old scar that did not heal but seeing Ezra who shared the same loss as him or way more than that , standing there trying to do what was right , made him feel ashamed.

''Listen , let's make a deal''

Ezra said.

''Now that is interesting''

Ivor replied waiting for what's going to come out of his childhood friend.

''We want you to make sure that Leo does not suspect anything coming from the first prince''

Ezra sounded confident as he said.

''And what do I get ?''

Of course Ivor would ask that.

''What do you want ?''

That was Ezra's reply.

Ivor silently thought about it while Asher pulled Ezra aside to discuss the whole thing with him.

''You sounded confident''

He said.

''I know what he wants''

Ezra replied , his eyes looked sad which worried Asher.

''It is in your pocket ?''

Ivor interrupted and they both turned to face him.

Ezra breathed in before he put his hand in his pocket to get an item out of it , golden cufflinks star shapes like the stars in Lydia's flag.

Those were the ones Hiram wore on his coronation ceremony , he handed them over to Ezra , not just as the most trusted knight but his most trusted friend.

''You have always cherished them , I will as well and Leo will not hear a word about whatever''

Ivor walked towards them and Ezra had to painfully hand them over , in order to change the kingdom's destiny , the kingdom that was once rules by Hiram.

Then they both cut their hands with their blades so that both of their bloods get mixed as they shake them into an unbreakable knight to knight word.

''If I break my promise I die and you get these back''

Those were Ivor's last words , he then was out of their sight , taking away all what Hiram left to his loyal friend , something that he treasured for years , but on the other side they temporarily won Ivor , will he betray them once more ? they were out of options...