2. No Dragons to Be Found

1 Year Later

1 Year Later

It was a cruel joke she had had to be in the Dragonpit with the boys. It will teach you how to command a dragon one day, her mother had said. No, it was cruel. She had to stand and watch her brothers and oldest uncle bond with their dragons all the while she had to observe.

"Shame you don't have a dragon, ironic actually. Of all your Bastard siblings, you're the only one that actually looks true born," Aemond mumbled.

She glared at him. "Watch it, Uncle. What you speak is treason."

"What I speak is truth."

"Says the one also without a dragon. A second son and dragonless? What use did the gods have to put you here?" Visenya asked.

Aemond's nostrils flared in rage and she smirked, happy to strike the nerve she meant to. She turned back to a very small Arrax, Luke petting his small snout. The only thing she understood about her uncle was their shared pain in not sharing a dragon.

"You'll never be a dragonrider, Bastard." Aemond hissed.

"My name is Visenya, named after the greatest female Targaryen. One day I will wield Dark Sister and ride Vhagar like my namesake. I will ride the largest dragon in the world."

"Ha!" Aemond laughed. "Your father is married to the rider of Vhagar, do you plan on her dying soon?"

"My father is Laenor Velaryon," she lied.

"Even I can tell you don't believe yourself," Aemond rolled his eyes.

And he was right. She was so bad at convincing herself she couldn't even convince people around her. "You can believe whatever you wish, Uncle, but at least I know my parents love me."

Aemond's head snapped in her direction. "You may be the heir's daughter, but I am the son of the king. You didn't even get the dignity of being named heir. At least I am a prince in this city. What are you, a scared Targaryen girl destined to marry a fat lord and push out ten babes in a land you know nothing of? I'm sure someone like Cregan Stark needs a bitch to -"

She raised her hand and hit him before he could finish. "I may be a princess with no lands but between you and my mother, we both know which child your father prefers. Keep going and I will use that against you."

"Aw, brother, ready to fuck our niece already? If she's anything like her mother, she has a predisposition for uncles." Aegon smirked.

She reached to swing at him and felt a set of arms pull her back. "Visenya, calm down."

"Father, let me go!" She groaned, struggling in Laenor's arms.

"Come on, little knight," Laenor chuckled and dragged her away from the Dragonpit. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. "Always getting in trouble."