18. Gilding the Young Lily

A lil bit of a shorter chapter but it's intense. Themes of nonconsensual acts at the end.

 Themes of nonconsensual acts at the end

Visenya Targaryen, Second of her Name.

That's who she was now and the name meant something. It was an honor, one she took seriously. Visenya was not only her namesake but put a personal hero.

Visenya sat next to Aemond at the head of the table, forcing smiles as people came up to wish them well and bestow gifts, while also enjoying the food of their feast. Cregan Stark, Borros Baratheon, Jeyne Arryn, and one that seemed to linger, Dalton Greyjoy.

The young lord was around Visenya's age, younger than Aemond. "Many good wishes, Princess Visenya. A match many shall pray for a fruitless outcome. I must admit Princess, the tales of your beauty are not exaggerated. Your skin is as beautiful as the snows of Winterfell and your eyes are more pretty than any purple tulip I have ever seen."

Visenya shifted and Aemond stiffened in his seat. "Thank you," Visenya nodded.

A sudden roar spooked everyone as Grey Ghost flew over the reception, heading for the ocean. Syrax and Caraxes were not far behind, as were Vermax and Arrax. Most of the dragons were out as all Targaryens had traveled for the wedding. Meleys was already down by the shore.

"Wait for it," Aemond mumbled with a smirk.

Suddenly, the ground shook as Vhagar flew above, roaring loud enough to shake every building. There were exclaims across the crowd as the dragons flew above, all a show of force and power. It was a Targaryen wedding, after all.

"I am going to get some wine," Visenya whispered and stood, Brella clasping the train to dress on the back so she could walk without messing it up.

"Oh, you look absolutely gorgeous," Rhaenys smiled at the beverages table, pulling Visenya in for a hug.

"Thank you, Grandmother."

"Now, I am going to ask, why do you have a paste on your neck?" She asked.

Visenya pulled back and covered her neck. "Is it obvious?"

"No, but I saw Alicent getting the supplies and I used to make it for Laena because when she was younger she would climb and fall from trees. I got tired of her looking like a bruised-up banana."

Visenya chuckled and shook her head. "I wish I had known her. She sounded delightful."

"She was. Now answer my question."

Visenya bit her lip and looked around. "Daemon."

Rhaenys rolled her eyes and pulled her in for another hug. "I hope you find safety and comfort here."

"I don't know if anywhere would make me feel safe," Visenya admitted.

"You will find it one day. It doesn't even have to be a place, it could be a person. Lord Corlys used to be my safe place before he ran off to another war. It may be your future children, even."