19. Confused Finality

As requested by many people, here is the wedding/bedding from Aemond's POV.

"No."

"Oh, come on! Aemond, you deserve to loosen up before your wedding." Aegon begged Aemond with Daeron, who was visiting for the wedding.

"And you think a brothel is going to do that? When have I ever expressed interest in a brothel, Aegon? Just let me drink in peace. You are not offering me peace."

"You are marrying Visenya. When will you ever find peace," Daeron snickered. Aemond clenched his cup.

"Careful, little brother, you might actually offend him. His feelings for Visenya might be more intense than he lets on." Aegon smirked.

"Once again, Aegon, you are being exceptionally annoying."

"Wait, do you actually like her?" Daeron asked.

"Of course! I catch him staring much more often and he has gotten jealous. When I was teaching her how to dance, he couldn't even watch. He will deny it and make excuses but I see the truth. Despite your hatred, you have started caring about her. And these past two days she has been hiding, you have been disappearing and a kitchen maid saw you grabbing hot tea. You don't drink tea."

He could not deny the tea, but he could everything else. He respected Visenya but not a bone in his body wanted her. Sure, she was vexing in every way he enjoyed, always challenging him and keeping him from boredom, and she was smarter than she gave herself for, and she rode her dragon without a saddle, always looking like she belonged in the air.

But that didn't mean he liked her. It meant that under different circumstances he could like her had she not taken his eye. But when he thought about it, that night shaped him into who he wanted to be. He got to claim Vhagar, a dragon that was just as lonely as him. A dragon that didn't fit the walls of the castle and neither did he.

But neither did Visenya. She was the only other one who knew how Aemond felt. She was lonely and she was untamed. No cage could hold her down. She was wild, reckless, irresponsible, and she was brave. She fought back against Daemon. That had to have taken balls that even Aemond didn't know if he had. His Uncle was a fearsome man, to try and fight back was an act many men would pass on.

"He's thinking about her," Aegon snickered.

"Are you done annoying me? Can you just let me enjoy my last night before I am bound to someone else for the rest of my life?" Aemond groaned.

"Come on, Aegon. You can take me to a brothel and I'll fuck the whores for him," Daeron stood up.

"Enjoy," Aemond scoffed.

-

"Would you prefer the black or a white ensemble your mother had prepared?"

Aemond looked at the white topcoat and tunic and wanted to puke on it. "Tha black, please," Aemond told the tailor. The tailor nodded and prepared the tunic over him, making it fit specifically to him. The black trousers he wore were the ones he always had. The tunic was a newer fancy one, and it had more buckles than Aemond thought necessary.