20. Look What You Made Me Do

this chapter is around 2K words which is shorter than I usually do, don't hurt me, but I had fun writing this.

She wanted to dream

She wanted to dream. But if she was doomed to dream through Grey Ghost, she wished he would take flight and soar to the end of the world. But like every other night, he flew the water and caught fish. Not the escape she wanted.

The morning after her wedding, she was ready to kill herself. She saw no point in going on, she felt no worth. Her body was just a tool, a piece to move on a board in the Game of Thrones.

And she was being used by two people. Alicent was using her to get the daughter of Rhaenyra on her side, and Rhaenyra was using her to have a spy right in the heart of the conflict.

When Visenya opened her eyes, she stared at the ceiling. She lay for what felt like hours before she realized she was in Aemond's bed. And alone. She pulled herself up and sat in his bed, taking a look at the room. There were shelves of books and various scrolls, and a desk on the side of the wall next to the door.

Visenya looked to her side and saw a note on the bedside table with a cup. She grabbed the piece of parchment and unrolled it, bending over to sniff the tea in the cup and grimaced at the sour smell.

Drink this. I am sorry.

- A.T.

Visenya cocked her head at the note and picked up the cup of tea. It was a nasty yellow and brown color and the smell was pungent. She held her nose and inhaled before choking the whole cup.

Moon tea. He got her moon tea.

In her fifteen years of life, Aemond had never apologized. And yet in the past day, he had done it multiple times. Aemond was smart, how could he think that he raped her? If anything, they were both used. He didn't want to either.

She stood up and pulled a blanket around her shoulders, walking to the balcony he had with his room. She looked down to see how far the fall would be. If it was too short a distance, she didn't want to be doomed as a cripple. The fall would have to kill her.

"Princess?" Brella asked, entering the room.

Visenya looked over at her and ran to her, throwing her arms around her. "You're here!"

"Every time I came to check on you, you were sleeping. I got so worried something was wrong. How are you? Did you drink it?"

"You knew about the tea?"

"Sweetie, I was the one he tasked with making it. I don't think we were accurate in our assessment of him. He was beside himself this morning." Brella guided her to sit back down as rushed to the washroom to start drawing a bath.

"Sure," She mumbled. It seemed so foreign to her. Aemond actually acted like he was caring. The apologies, the tea, and his reaction to Brella. "The tea is nasty."