12. Emotion Tapping

I feel like this chapter is a bit shorter but we get a brief section in Aemond's POV at the end.

"At this point, she is not far from fifteen. If she does not bleed by then, we will have to ahead and marry them and then hold the bedding when she bleeds."

She regretted this round of snooping. Walking the halls late at night helped her relax but when she stumbled close to an open door, she had to listen. But hearing Alicent and Otto speaking to one another and the matter of their conversation made her blood boil.

"We will be lucky if they ever have children," Alicent responded.

"You have grown to like her, haven't you?" Otto asked.

"When I see her, I see a child that has suffered from Rhaenyra's sins. Her wild sons were reckless and careless but she is different. The rumors about her and Daemon are true, she flinches any time a man goes near her, poor thing."

"Don't get attached. Don't you remember the same girl you hated when she cut your son's eye out? You sliced her mother's arm in an attempt to take her own."

"I figured you of all people would be able to recognize a young girl being manipulated and used by her parents. Just another piece on this board."

"Careful, Alicent. Is that not what you are doing with Aegon? You keep convincing him he needs to be king, that is using him as a piece."

Visenya's mouth widened in shock but a hand clamped over her mouth and pulled her away from the door and down the hall. She kicked and pushed against the figure and when he finally released her, she turned to hit him but a knife was pressed to her throat.

"If you make a noise, we will both get in trouble!" Aemond hissed.

She looked down at the blade and rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"You shouldn't have been listening to that, I know you will just write your mother and tell her just like you do everything. It took me a few weeks to figure out your angle but I see it now, spy. The way you ask everyone more questions than necessary."

Visenya folded her arms and started biting the inside of her cheek. He would surely tell Alicent and she would be deemed a traitor and probably 'taken care of' by her own personal army of lackeys. Aemond held her fate in his hands and she could easily take the heat or she could convince him of the truth. But in the end, she valued her life too much to lie.

"You're not exactly correct or wrong in that assumption," She mumbled and rubbed lint off her skirt.

"If you elaborate, I might spare your life."

"Fine. My mother and Daemon wanted me to spy no different than your mother would if the roles were reversed."

"So I am right," Aemond responded.