21. Price of Pain

OMG, I AM SO SORRY THAT TOOK SO LONG!!!! On Thursday I had to fly from Portland to Denver, then Denver to Wichita and since that was my first big flight and I was running on two hours of sleep, jet lag kicked my ASS for two days. So now I have been spending some time with family and trying not to worry about updating and enjoying spending that time with them.

This moving thing is far more stressful than I ever imagined LMAO. But anyways, enjoy this chapter.

Rhaenyra took the boys with her, leaving Visenya without the comfort of being with her brothers

Rhaenyra took the boys with her, leaving Visenya without the comfort of being with her brothers. She stayed in her seat and Brella took the spot next to her. Aegon and Helaena sat behind her with Alicent, and Rhaenys was a few seats away.

"I doubt he can beat Cole," Aegon spoke to Helanea.

"The green light shall finally touch the heart of the red," Helaena responded.

"I need a translator," Aegon groaned, making Visenya laugh to herself.

"Just feel lucky you have a wife that has such an appreciated gift," Visenya turned her head and said to them.

"See? Visenya is on my side," Helaena spoke playfully with a smile.

"Well, then maybe you should have both been betrothed. What a fine match you would have made," Aegon smirked and looked at Visenya. "How does it feel?"

"What is it you speak of?" Visenya asked.

"To have your husband so gallantly defend you. Especially with the bruise showing now."

Fuck.

In her state of anger, she forgot the dress exposed the neck bruise. Thankfully, it was healing and it only looked as if she had a shadow over her skin. But no one had asked about it, they were too busy staring at her cleavage.

"Aemond was just taking part in the sport, there was no vendetta."

"Please. He literally paid Daeron to join so he could knock him off and get to - OW!" Aegon stopped midsentence as Helaena pinched him.

Visenya stared at Aegon and frowned. "You are telling me he put himself in the way of harm to hurt Daemon?"

"Aw, is that you actually caring about him?" Aegon teased.

"He is about to go up against Cole, no one has beat him! I am not the cruel bitch you think I am."

"Visenya," Helaena giggled at her profanity.

"Apologies," Visenya smiled and turned back to the field. She was nervous now, unable to take her eyes off the match about to begin. Aemond was not experienced in tourneys, he was lucky he managed to best Daemon.

Aemond was readying on his horse, as was Cole. Aemond looked up at Visenya, holding one another's gaze until she shook her head. He didn't have to do this.