71. The Kiss of Death

Due to many factors at play in this chapter, I'm gonna try and break it up by character POV

Rhaenyra

This had taken planning. She had agreed to Daemon's plans to occupy Harrenhal and keep a low profile. Stay there long enough to keep them uncomfortable and anticipating. They waited until the capital was practically undefended. Until Luke, Daeron, Laenor, and then Aemond left, along with their dragons.

When Aemond finally left for Harrenhal, Daemon left a surprise for his nephew and made his way back to Dragonstone. That is when he and Rhaenyra planned the sacking of King's Landing.

Rhaenyra had heard about the birth of her granddaughter. When she learned that Visenya had named her Aemma, Rhaenyra cried the moment Daemon left the room.

Why did it have to come to this? Rhaenyra could have been happy, playing with all of her grandchildren. She knew she made mistakes, but it was too late for her to fix them.

Daemon was to fly Caraxes above the capital to scare everyone, Rhaenyra giving him strict instructions not to attack or hurt anyone, and to wait for her and the troops.

Rhaenyra and Syrax landed at Blackwater Bay, where the troops were sailing in.

The first thing she noticed was the absence of Grey Ghost, who she knew lived off the coast. Syrax stood watch as Rhaenyra led the troops to the closest gate, and that's when she heard the commotion. It wasn't screams of fear or shock, it sounded like yells of protest and anger.

Rhaenyra ordered her men to open the gates and the 'peasants' started to notice her. She didn't have much worry, she had at least 100 soldiers with her, and she viewed them as lesser than her.

"It's her, the Queen of Murder!"

"It's Rhaenyra the Cruel!"

Rhaenyra looked shocked as they screamed at her, motioning for her soldiers to guard her. "Kill any who get in our way. Today we take back my throne."

The soldiers formed around her and started to push the crowd back, knocking some of them over and trampling on them. She felt no remorse for the lives being lost on her hand.

"Don't let the False Queen through!"

"Justice for Princess Laenora!"

That's when the attacks started. Rocks and knives were being thrown at her and her men. Her hundred soldiers were strong, but she never expected a mass of thousands to fight her.

It was getting loud, and it was getting bloody. With weapons being thrown around, it became a fountain of blood, and death surrounding them. Her guards tried to put up a fight, but it was no use. Rhaenyra was drowning in the pool of people, she had to leave before she was killed. Whatever was left of her guard started to push her back to the gate to escape.

"My throne!" She yelled as she was rushed back to the ship.

"You may fly on Syrax and help your husband, it is not safe on the ground!"

When they got back to the Bay, Syrax was nowhere to be seen. She was running out of time. Some of the crowd had followed them, chasing them with weapons.

Syrax finally landed, roaring and thrashing at the people approaching her. More dead people on account of Rhaenyra. She mounted her dragon with a new fury, taking off into the sky with an abundance of emotions.

Rejected by the very people she was supposed to rule.

Laenor

He covered Visenya's head as they ran through the halls, the walls shaking from roars and dragons trying to land on the castle.